Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with domon on this one. Make a simple double door.

Slap together some plywood siding and 2x3's / 2x4's, buy some half decent hinges and be done with it.

When I built my she/garage thing, that’s what I used and added a diagonal tensioner to help redistribute weight and miraculously, the door holds its shape. One door, almost four feet wide.

Anyone have an endoscope they like using for inspections? I'm increasingly finding a need for one but I'm not sure if I want to go with something that connects to phone/tablet/whatever, or that has it's own screen.

Anyone have an endoscope they like using for inspections? I'm increasingly finding a need for one but I'm not sure if I want to go with something that connects to phone/tablet/whatever, or that has it's own screen.

I’m no expert on those things, but the fewer parts to fail, the better. Get one that uses an external viewer.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes
The hazard fraught unit with the 4" screen is OK, but I wish I had gotten one that sent signal to my phone or w/e.

I will give the HF one this: it was cheap.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
argh, I ordered a Moog lower LH control arm for the Audi. First, through Amazon. It came packaged correctly, but was actually the LR control arm (mislabeled, I guess). Then I ordered one through Advance Auto (local chain). It came, but was a Moog box with some POS Chinese BAW unit (that's sold online for $20) inside.

Ordered a third through RockAuto. I wonder how this order will get fucked up.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Somebody at Advanced either didn't look in the box or didn't know what they were looking at when taking in a return.

And somebody somewhere got a Moog for $20.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes
@gee

How difficult would it actually be to make one of these?
Would definitely need something bigger than the crucible there, though.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/220V-ZVS-I...245690&hash=item2ac1fa2308:g:AVgAAOSwjfBcQpni
Cheaper to buy one than build one, and if you do build one it'll probably blow up in your face a few times until the thing gets tuned right. And if that coil isn't big enough, a replacement larger coil will have a higher inductance, and the ZVS board may have to be modified to compensate for it.

There's probably forums/subreddits/whatever where people fuck around with these things, your best bet is to copy what someone else did.

Went to get the GTO out for a cruise to a pancake breakfast on Saturday, and found out that the fuel pump had died. Cheap piece of shit had the seal fail on the motor shaft, and gas got from the pump head into the armature. I guess that's the price to be paid for running ethanol-infused gas instead of MTBE.

Threw an Aeromotive external pump (rated for 98% ethanol fuel) at it to replace the old Holley. For $250, that fucker had better last at least twice as long as the Holley.

One of my friends had the charcoal canister stolen off their Sorento.

Fuckin' thing is >$600 CAD from the dealer, and stupid easy to steal from underneath the car. Guess local crackheads discovered a newer, higher valued catalytic converter or something?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Accelerated away from a light the other day. Saw a puff of smoke behind the truck.

Despite not being able to replicate it I'm worried there is something fucky with my valvetrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.