Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local kid was parting out their crashed Jetta, got myself an APR Stage 1 tuned ECU for 20 bux that I'm gonna pop in the GTI.

180hp/176lb-ft -> 209hp/242lb-ft.

I have to do a bunch of bullshit involving pulling codes out of the old ECU and transferring those codes into the new ECU, but it looks like a quick job.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Got tired of my little 8GB iPod nano in the car, shuffling shit back and forth in iTunes, so I got out the big daddy, a first generation iPod Mini.

It's a fat bastard, and originally came with a 4GB spinning hard disk, but I've since gutted it for a 64GB CF card in ATA mode. That'll do the trick for a long time. I think it needs a new battery, so I ordered one from some rando reseller on Amazon for the princely sum of $8.

Got tired of my little 8GB iPod nano in the car, shuffling shit back and forth in iTunes, so I got out the big daddy, a first generation iPod Mini.

It's a fat bastard, and originally came with a 4GB spinning hard disk, but I've since gutted it for a 64GB CF card in ATA mode. That'll do the trick for a long time. I think it needs a new battery, so I ordered one from some rando reseller on Amazon for the princely sum of $8.
do you not have .... a phone?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
Old model cell phones that came in padded cases. Easily transportable between car and briefcase.

My dad had one, it was hilarious.
I wish I had the bag phone that came with the audi in '95. The handset lived in the arm rest up front, while the brain lived in a storage compartment in the back.

The network that supported the phone is long gone, but it's so very early 1990s.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I wish I had the bag phone that came with the audi in '95. The handset lived in the arm rest up front, while the brain lived in a storage compartment in the back.

The network that supported the phone is long gone, but it's so very early 1990s.

Yeah. Analog band shut down years ago.

I bet there is some hacked up thing to make the handset work again though.

Yeah, it sort of works, if you're dead set on using your phone instead of an iPod. However, I have a butt-ton of old iPods that work without crashing.

Is it really so hard for you to imagine that I would want to do it without involving my phone?
not really luddite.

Status
Not open for further replies.