Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 week of snooty German car ownership update:
I really like how easy this thing is to drive in traffic. I went back to the PO for some shit that'll probably end up on eBay (euro tails, primarily, but some good spares like an ignition switch and a cam angle sensor, both of which I intend to swap in relatively soon).

The PO has dogs, which he liked to move about in the back of the car, so I'm still trying to get all the fuckin' hair out. I may take it over to my friend Art (at Art of Detail) and have him take care of the interior for me. I definitely need to get over to the upholstery shop and get them to cut me some upholstered mats, since all the guy had was Weathertech stuff (which I'll keep for ski days, of course, but fuck everyday usage).

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
1 week of snooty German car ownership update:
I really like how easy this thing is to drive in traffic. I went back to the PO for some shit that'll probably end up on eBay (euro tails, primarily, but some good spares like an ignition switch and a cam angle sensor, both of which I intend to swap in relatively soon).

The PO has dogs, which he liked to move about in the back of the car, so I'm still trying to get all the fuckin' hair out. I may take it over to my friend Art (at Art of Detail) and have him take care of the interior for me. I definitely need to get over to the upholstery shop and get them to cut me some upholstered mats, since all the guy had was Weathertech stuff (which I'll keep for ski days, of course, but fuck everyday usage).
So has your starbucks consumption increased? how's the wagon for hauling stuff home from Bed Bath & Beyond?

I'd say just embrace the dog hair, especially if you're hauling dogs of your own. The head liner of my GTI has doberman hair that's stuck into it like porcupine quills or something, that shit's never coming out, and I'm thinking ACD hair is gonna be the same...

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
So has your starbucks consumption increased? how's the wagon for hauling stuff home from Bed Bath & Beyond?

I'd say just embrace the dog hair, especially if you're hauling dogs of your own. The head liner of my GTI has doberman hair that's stuck into it like porcupine quills or something, that shit's never coming out, and I'm thinking ACD hair is gonna be the same...
Did you suddenly start feeling like a woman attracted to other women? Do you have a desire to wear plaid shirts and get a butch haircut?

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138

No, my starbucks consumption remains constant and low.

I did buy a set of Yakima ski racks for the roundbars on the top of the car, and used them to get my skis back from my friend (who hauled them up to Wolf Creek for me in his Tundra 2 weeks ago when I only had the Infiniti).

The wagon bed is amazing for hauling rough lumber, though.

Gee, Mr. Asa, your mom let's you have two inline sixes?!

F81nKP3.jpg

2L5TDAT.jpg

Did you suddenly start feeling like a woman attracted to other women? Do you have a desire to wear plaid shirts and get a butch haircut?
I drive my beater GTI 99% of the time, the Q5 is the gf's car.

So I've managed to keep the long hair, flannel and at least some part of my masculinity.

@gee @Jehannum I got through state inspection with that OBD II dongle you suggested I buy on Amazon thanks!
I started with the torque Lite app, which I was able to zero out my codes with. Apparently that's all the free app is good for and I was forced to purchase the Torque Pro app for $4.95 bringing my massive total for Diagnostic and hacking tools up to $16.95. Sometimes, you guys are a great resource for information thanks a lot I appreciate it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
@gee @Jehannum I got through state inspection with that OBD II dongle you suggested I buy on Amazon thanks!
I started with the torque Lite app, which I was able to zero out my codes with. Apparently that's all the free app is good for and I was forced to purchase the Torque Pro app for $4.95 bringing my massive total for Diagnostic and hacking tools up to $16.95. Sometimes, you guys are a great resource for information thanks a lot I appreciate it.
No prob.

Try installing the fuel economy plugin for Torque. Haven't used it in a while but was fun to toy around with, seeing how my driving style affects my fuel usage.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
argh, I forgot what week it is, now I have to bust ass and get the original seats back in the 240Z so I can drive it to the Z club meeting on Thursday.

I got the driver seat in on Sunday.

The Subaru seats just didn't work out, they were too big and sat too high for me to be comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.