Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
On today's episode of This Sketchy Shop:

5W1fEMP.jpg

IC25enM.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
On today's episode of sketchy shop, I helped the kid diagnose a low fuel pressure condition on his Z32. Turns out the fuel pump control module had gone tits up, so we bypassed it totally and now it's running on straight 12V (instead of 6/9/12 at idle/part throttle/boost). My guess is that it'll work for a year and then fry the pump.

Hopefully he's planning to upgrade to a pump that can handle the duty cycle, and then upgrade the FPR, so that he'll have bypassed all the dumb crap that Nissan did with the fuel system, just like I did. I also hope that he does it before the pump fries while he's driving in traffic, like I didn't.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I was talking to my dad on Sunday when he reminded me of his own audi ownership. He owned a '79 5000, an '89 100, and an '01 A6 2.7tt and liked the first two very much, but he recalled this specific instance in the '83-'85 timeframe when I was just a wee lad (4-5 age range).

In that timeframe, MacGyver was the absolute king shit on TV, and I idolized the guy (I even grew a dopey mullet to emulate him). MacGyver, if you remember, could do a whole bunch of shit with paperclips and junk, so I thought to myself, "Hey, I can unlock my dad's car with this wire", never minding for the moment that the "wire" was a lit sparkler.

So, running over to his 5 year old Audi 5000, I shoved a lit sparkler into the passenger side door lock.

I don't know if the cylinder was welded or anything in particular, after my dad finished chewing my ass, but I do know that door lock never worked after that, and my dad made do with the driver side door lock from that point on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.