Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little rough around the edges paint wise, but it's solid mechanically. Body's got 270k, engine's got 100k miles.

View attachment 6439
Your definition of "rough around the edges" is way different from up here, where we'd call that car "mint". Looks great. About the only thing I'd do is get rid of those clear corners up front, they just don't seem right on the car.

I love that car, it just screams "eccentric university prof driving their weird old german wagon", you can't get any more sleeper than that.

Your definition of "rough around the edges" is way different from up here, where we'd call that car "mint". Looks great. About the only thing I'd do is get rid of those clear corners up front, they just don't seem right on the car.

I love that car, it just screams "eccentric university prof driving their weird old german wagon", you can't get any more sleeper than that.
Well, it's been repainted, and there's a little rust around the edges of the hood. Also, because of the massive FMIC, the bottom of the bumper doesn't bolt up to the original standards anymore. The interior leather needs a lot of work. There's some paint flaws that make it around a 20 footer, IMO.

It'll be perfect for daily driving, in other words.

I'm picking it up for $11k, which I think is a screamin' deal for the car, given its limited run and the mechanical condition it's in.

Last edited:
You gonna turn it into one of those euro rally race cars or whatever they are? The ones that race down those narrow curvy dirt roads lined with people.
No, I'm going to slowly convert all the rubber lines to braided steel, and think about swapping the turbo for a GT2871 once this one is cashed in, and just drive it to and fro without worrying about who's going to nick the door in the parking lot.

Oh, and I'm going to cart the dogs around in the boot and go skiing in it without thinking twice.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Took the GTO out to the Albuquerque Christian Childrens' Home this morning for a pancake breakfast fundraiser. The GTO club chose the ACCH as their charity a long time ago, and it's a good one, IMO. Unfortunately, it snowed last night, and I'm the only one dumb enough to drive a ridiculous old GM in the snow.

Filthy as fuck from going out last night to get gas to make it across the city this morning, but I cleaned it as best I could and sent it.

20190223_090826_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.