Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color for the intake? Gunmetal? Something closer to stock? I'm gonna sand the lettering on the top to bare, then do some sort of colored Ford logo where the original was.

U2yC9Io.jpg

Gunmetal could look nice and give a darker background for the logo.

Can't remember how much, if any, of the other pieces are the lighter silver/aluminum color. Mostly wondering if it might start getting a little weird having too many pieces that are what amounts to different shades of gray.

The air intake stuff will be another shade on top and noticeable. Could armor all it up and make it shiny and all the way black I suppose (then have to keep doing that as every speck of dust sticks to it).. Some of those plastic parts look kinda dull light black/dark gray.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Two big ass chunks of aluminum are the bracketry for the accessories, could prime and paint them, could leave them bare. Intake manifold is primed right now, exhaust is that pretty silver that is gonna get ugly soon as it heats. Air intake is black plastic

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Two big ass chunks of aluminum are the bracketry for the accessories, could prime and paint them, could leave them bare. Intake manifold is primed right now, exhaust is that pretty silver that is gonna get ugly soon as it heats. Air intake is black plastic

That doesn't sound too bad.
I guess I'd do the gunmetal on the intake and see how that looks with the accessory brackets natural. If that seems too weird then do the brackets in the same gunmetal?

Status
Not open for further replies.