Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parts guy at my dealer is amazing & lifts my usual opinion of most dealers.

I had a tiny plastic part in the door lock mechanism crack & wouldn't you know it, toyota only sells the entire mechanism, not the tiny crackable part. . .

So the guy says 'hang on. lemme check something.' & comes back with so there's door handle cables on the rear doors too & guess what part is listed on the lock back mechanism where the cable goes in. Looks an awful lot like your broken part. Let's pull it up online. & poof, instead of $183.00 part, it's $1.53.

I had a buddy who had a 510 and atbthe time, I didn’t get it. I do now. And

Who is that on your shirt on the YouTube page?

Edit I rock a Quest fuck yeah
There's nothing now. Only a $50k "sports" car in the 370Z that's really just a lardass GT that performs worse than cheaper Mustangs and Camaros, or a $100K "supercar" bargain that only the Richie Riches of the world can afford.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Alternator failed in the Fit. Took it out, took it apart... one brush. The other brush on the voltage regulator is nowhere to be found. Dunno if it wore down to nothing or got pulled into the alternator body and blown into dust or what the fuck happened.

It's a Mitsubishi alternator, but damned if I can find another voltage regulator that'll drop in, without having to order it from some random company in the states, paying nearly as much as a rebuilt alt from a local parts store to get one.

I need to just give up and stop trying to repair everything.

@gee 's cars fail almost as much as jenkums
GTI is mechanically doing great, other than being an old beater I'm keeping going for a cheap laugh that's reached the point where the gf is too embarrassed to drive it.

Q5 is doing fine.

Fit is the POS that keeps having stupid shit break. But the body's perfect on it, and I own it, and it's good on gas, and I've accepted the fact that the GTI has a limited bit of life left in it, so I don't really want to get rid of it just yet. As much as I hate the thing.

that's reached the point where the gf is too embarrassed to drive it.
I feel that feel.

Back when I worked there, my old supervisor from Pepboys bought a '94 F150 with the 4.9L as he was so impressed with mine. He dropped off the engine lift for me so I could pull the donor out of the bed of the truck. When he heard the noise the truck made as I started it he turns to Ladybutt and says "jesus, why have you let him keep it this long?

There's just a liberating feeling when I'm driving a beater though. Someone runs a cart into it at the supermarket? fuck it. Parking it in a sketchy part of town? fuck it. I've even started playing "I know I've got the right of way" chicken and have had a couple people road rage at me. Fuck it.

Also, it's a GTI, probably not as quick as half the cars on here but still fun as balls to drive and it makes my highway commute bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.