Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter?

E10-15 isn't gonna hurt your truck or your mower, provided you actually use it up in a timely manner.
Why ask the question if you're going to then supply the answer?

Also, I never mentioned putting it in my truck. I put it in the Mustang, though as there are rubber bits that will be damaged in there.

Why ask the question if you're going to then supply the answer?
So, you're intent on damaging your stuff no matter what the constitution of the gas is, eh?

I wouldn't use old gas.

Also, I never mentioned putting it in my truck. I put it in the Mustang, though as there are rubber bits that will be damaged in there.

Meh. If you're running rubber bits old enough to be affected by alcohol, they're probably leaky anyway.

So, you're intent on damaging your stuff no matter what the constitution of the gas is, eh?

I wouldn't use old gas.

Meh. If you're running rubber bits old enough to be affected by alcohol, they're probably leaky anyway.

You also live in an area that has 0% humidity so you don't have to worry about condensation. Wanna know how often it rained this summer?
I fill my cans maybe once every 3 months. With modern gas that is nowhere near old.

For my carb they don't make ethanol resistant bits. From prior experience brand new parts last half a year.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
You also live in an area that has 0% humidity so you don't have to worry about condensation. Wanna know how often it rained this summer?
I fill my cans maybe once every 3 months. With modern gas that is nowhere near old.

For my carb they don't make ethanol resistant bits. From prior experience brand new parts last half a year.
You're running the Webers by now, right?

Those all have alcohol-resistant floats and needle valves :)

I keep my gas in the garage, so it's as humid as the rest of the house in the summer (I use evaporative cooling).

Still with the Carter. Life and school slowed that project.

Mike at Mike's Carb Parts is the expert and best reseller of parts, he can't get em.

I also store my gas in the garage. It isn't climate controlled.

My car can run on E85. It's fun for a couple of days of hooning around, but I don't normally get it because the mileage suck.

More boost = more efficiency. More instantaneous boost = more immediate efficiency, I guess, so it'll help in applications where you need quick acceleration.

Honestly I'd rather see hybrid vehicles become more fun. Bolt a BLDC motor on the back of a turbo engine, have it provide immediate acceleration until the turbo spools up. And have it do all the other fuel-savey hybrid stuff like regenerative breaking, idle elimination, etc. Stuff that shit in a hot hatch and I'd buy the shit out of it.

I saw the prettiest car today on W Kennedy, and zoomed to catch up to see what it was. Now, I am terrible at knowing one car from another, but this was so elegant. The RR on the back let me know I have good taste! ;)

It looked really sleek, more like a Jaguar, not boxy like I think of Rolls Royce's. I google image searched, but didn't see a similar one to post.

He was pulling into Krispy Kreme, btw :D

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Status
Not open for further replies.