Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
img073.jpg

Unf.
That looks like a handful to drive. Floor the car at 2K RPM in 2nd gear going around a curve... nothing nothing nothing SHIT WHY AM I SIDEWAYS?!

The GTI's torque peak is at half the RPM of your car. :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
That looks like a handful to drive. Floor the car at 2K RPM in 2nd gear going around a curve... nothing nothing nothing SHIT WHY AM I SIDEWAYS?!

The GTI's torque peak is at half the RPM of your car. :)
It's actually like the car's always been. Laggy turbos are a '90s staple. These turbos are a lot like the stockers, but with a bit of extra top end, thanks to ball bearings and 20 years newer engineering.

Stock twins at 14PSI, back in '05:
2005+Baseline+Dyno+Runs.jpg

2560s at 11PSI, back in '10, after I rebuilt the motor:
Z+dyno+plot.jpg

2560s at 13PSI, back in '11, after breakin and tuning:
Tuned.jpg

Yeah, likely gonna go with a lifetime warranty rebuilt oem. Odyssey won't pass md inspection, has some dry rot on one of the CV boots. Costs the same to replace the whole axle as the boot

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Is your state inspection outsourced to Germany? Does Hans put it on a lift and poke at shit with an ice pick?

Normally I'd say any rebuild good enough to warranty will last as long as the rest of the car,....but.....you got a low mile Odyssey with some coin invested in it, so listen to Asa, and go 2 steps up the ladder from budget (instead of one).

There's some things where junkyard OEM's are better than parts store rebuilds. Stuff that has parts that will deteriorate just sitting there (like "rubber" boots) isn't one of them.

180 dollars all in, labor included, to replace that CV axle through yourmechanic.

Could not hope for better than that. 94 in labor, 78 in parts.

Did you at least give the Chinese kids a candy bar or something? Maybe a pair of shoes?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
man, modern gas cans suck so much. I dunno about that one, but ive converted all mine with "Water" spouts, that just so happen to be gas and oil resistant, and manual vents. All the compliant spouts are just awful.
You can still find all metal ones around here if you look. I kinda wonder how bad the condensation on them actually is.

Most of the fuel I put in those is ethanol free anyways...

You can still find all metal ones around here if you look. I kinda wonder how bad the condensation on them actually is.

Most of the fuel I put in those is ethanol free anyways...

you separate it yourself, or you have a airport/boat dock source?

Why does it matter?

E10-15 isn't gonna hurt your truck or your mower, provided you actually use it up in a timely manner.

depends how old the engine is. Stuff before lets say... 2004 or 5? is not designed to run on that kinda gas. It messes with stuff, especially when it sits.

depends how old the engine is. Stuff before lets say... 2004 or 5? is not designed to run on that kinda gas. It messes with stuff, especially when it sits.
Let's pretend like I have an engine or two made before 2004 or 2005.

Let's also pretend that they run just fine on E10-E15 like is available at the pump here in NM.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
mmm, sorry, i should clarify. Small engines.

although, your cars that are carbed mechanically do mirror small engines.

Ethanol'ed gas will not survive a 4 month sitting period. You know, like winter, when you're probably not using your stuff regularly.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
mmm, sorry, i should clarify. Small engines.

although, your cars that are carbed mechanically do mirror small engines.

Ethanol'ed gas will not survive a 4 month sitting period. You know, like winter, when you're probably not using your stuff regularly.
MTBE gas didn't suffer long sitting periods either, though. And regular gas would varnish the bowls of carbs if left to sit, too.

It's a non-issue, made up by people who put ethanol in scare quotes, and think it's gonna corrode the aluminum that's been used in engines since the 1960s, and is even more prevalent in engine construction now.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Status
Not open for further replies.