Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
see, that i did not know . I figured they just eyeballed it with a wickie-eye.

Have them drive it and it'll be obvious it's not right. Shouldn't need any persuading.

Yes you'll see the same laser alignment rack in almost every shop. Pretty hard to fuck up IF they set it up right to start with.

Maybe tell them to have a different tech do it to check the first ones work.

Run all the wheels through the balancer again.

Don't get up sold on struts, tie rod ends, etc. unless you really do need them. Shouldn't unless the car is several years old and/or lotta miles on shitty roads.

ok, car people. Alignments.

Got my tires changed on the accord, it had been pulling to the right for a while, tires were showing out of alignment wear, etc.

Went in knowing they were gonna try to upsell me on an alignment in addition to the tire mount, also knew i needed one. Got em down 40 bucks off asking price, and had it done.

Car still pulls to the right, perhaps worse than it did before, and has a wobble now. Im taking it back to them, obviously, but any insight to this before i do?

50tmlLT.jpg

Caster is something that they generally can't change. The rest of that definitely is and can and should be put green. They might have to buy alignment shims or something but they can adjust it.

If it takes that and they try to charge you for those, tell them to fuck off "you should have let me know about that before you told me the price." Then find a new mechanic.

Also, wobble might be worn suspension components, a bad tire install, or a bad balancing. Get a quote, then take the car elsewhere.

Have them drive it and it'll be obvious it's not right. Shouldn't need any persuading.

Yes you'll see the same laser alignment rack in almost every shop. Pretty hard to fuck up IF they set it up right to start with.

Maybe tell them to have a different tech do it to check the first ones work.

Run all the wheels through the balancer again.

Don't get up sold on struts, tie rod ends, etc. unless you really do need them. Shouldn't unless the car is several years old and/or lotta miles on shitty roads.
I do it myself using a barometer and a sextant.

@Mr. Asa would pep boys ruin something this badly?

(it was a Mr. Tire)
Depends on the store. The one I first worked at, when in worked there, 1/20 chance of it being done wrong. Now? 50:50. One I most recently worked at? 1/50 chance it would be fine.

Friday-Monday are usually the busy days at PepBoys, schedule the appointment in person (online system doesnt reference existing appointments) and for a slow day. Let them know you recently got screwed and put on a play about how you crushed the guys that screwed you, then when they do the job right thank them effusively and put in a review for their store right there at the counter. The guy that worked with you will be yours forever.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
"Power Output Birth Certificate", haha. That brings back some memories of the late 90s/early 2000s when putting $1K worth of rockford fosgate gear in a $500 civic was cool.

Don't forget to install a gaudy looking capacitor in an acrylic case with a voltage readout on it, and a great big ///ALPINE sticker across the back window.

"Power Output Birth Certificate", haha. That brings back some memories of the late 90s/early 2000s when putting $1K worth of rockford fosgate gear in a $500 civic was cool.

Don't forget to install a gaudy looking capacitor in an acrylic case with a voltage readout on it, and a great big ///ALPINE sticker across the back window.
It's going to be stealth, man. Nobody'll ever see it.

Amp's used anyway, I didn't get any of that shit with it.

People will hear it though, so make sure you've got a playlist loaded up with sick beats. Vengaboys, Rednex and all that good stuff.

its true though, they are the best

cars made in this era are gold, all downhill from there.

nowadays they have high waistlines, oversized pillars (and more of them,) airbag-cushioned hoods, giant 20" factory wheels which still arent large enough. Garbage
Aphex Twin fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.