Ontopic A thread about board games

Don’t be! Play some practice rounds. We should still totally do a long distance campaign. Problem is we’re 3 hours behind you now.
Okay, so we've played three scenarios so far. It's pretty fucking complex, but a ton of fun.

We ended up moving to an online monster tracker with a laptop sitting on the table. With it, all we need for monsters are the stand-ins (and don't have to go looking for monster cards and attack decks). It also tracks infusions and other shit.

http://esotericsoftware.com/gloomhaven-helper-web/

You can also put each character in there as well, but that seems fucking lame.

Okay, so @APRIL and I played another campaign in Gloomhaven last night. We're slowly simplifying the rules, as it's just too much. House Rules FTW.

* Kill a monster, automatically take its token.
* Automatically move to next door
* Any loot left over in the dungeon is split

Otherwise, it's just too hard for us DnD idiots.

Okay, so @APRIL and I played another campaign in Gloomhaven last night. We're slowly simplifying the rules, as it's just too much. House Rules FTW.

* Kill a monster, automatically take its token.
* Automatically move to next door
* Any loot left over in the dungeon is split

Otherwise, it's just too hard for us DnD idiots.
Pansies.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
So we picked up Two Rooms and a Boom this weekend to play. You can apparently play with as few as 6 people (or as many as 30), but I read that it really isn't any fun until you get above 10. We had 15 people total.

The game was easy enough that I was able to explain it to a room full of people drinking. And by about the third game, people really started to figure it out. It was a TON of fun. Will play again.

Played The Thing board game and Werewolf (social deduction) over the long holiday week off. Both were fun.
Next up - The Donner Dinner Party game.
Hope it's good.

Played The Thing board game and Werewolf (social deduction) over the long holiday week off. Both were fun.
Next up - The Donner Dinner Party game.
Hope it's good.
Donner Dinner Party is really good. We also played Ultimate Werewolf this weekend. That game is a tough one. It's almost too fast to enjoy winning, and requires a TON of lying to be any good.

Donner Dinner Party is really good. We also played Ultimate Werewolf this weekend. That game is a tough one. It's almost too fast to enjoy winning, and requires a TON of lying to be any good.

Yeah, werewolf got to the point of once I was accused enough, I didn't even try to defend or convince anyone. I said just vote. I'm looking forward to playing Donner Dinner party.

Yeah, werewolf got to the point of once I was accused enough, I didn't even try to defend or convince anyone. I said just vote. I'm looking forward to playing Donner Dinner party.
Assuming its the same game, a general mistake is to try and play it as a team game. It isn't, because you don't know which team you're ultimately on. So telling the truth is almost never in your best interest. So you've got to lie A TON.

The most annoying part about these social deduction games is people that don't know how to play intentionally looking shady, like they're a werewolf or Hitler. No genius, don't do that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings