Ontopic A thread about board games

I bought a couple of editions of Trivial Pursuit at a garage sale once and after playing them a few times and doing way worse than usual, we realized they were special Canadian versions. Never even knew such a thing existed, but it makes sense.

That’s how I learned what poutine is.
Why would such a thing NOT exist?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
We got gloomhaven and have been playing through it. Super fun. It’s basucally d and d in board game format with no need for a dungeon master.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I just remembered that I need to buy Hogwarts Battle. I bought the expansion pack a few weeks ago cause it was on sale.

Gloomhaven is a One-Shot right? I mean it's like 130 hours long but you just play the campaign once and youre done.

Can you do with two people?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Gloomhaven is a One-Shot right? I mean it's like 130 hours long but you just play the campaign once and youre done.

Can you do with two people?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
You can buy the removable sticker pack if that bothers you (you're looking at $1/hour to play fwiw). But yeah, its like 150 hours. From 1-4 people. You can add and remove people without issue at the start of every campaign.

edit: IIRC, @kiwi said that there was a dungeon (or two?) that they had trouble beating with 2 people, but other than that - yes.

You can buy the removable sticker pack if that bothers you (you're looking at $1/hour to play fwiw). But yeah, its like 150 hours. From 1-4 people. You can add and remove people without issue at the start of every campaign.

edit: IIRC, @kiwi said that there was a dungeon (or two?) that they had trouble beating with 2 people, but other than that - yes.
Not a dungeon or two, the first dungeon. We played three times and couldn’t win. Finally added two more players and it’s better matched. That’s not to say you couldn’t figure out how to play with two people with the right combination of characters. Also as you learn the characters you get better at playing them (obviously). The first time I played my current one I totally screwed it up.

As far as replay ability, you totally could. You can have multiple campaigns for different groups, but you’ll have to pick a main group to put the stickers on with and then just take really good notes with subsequent groups.

@fly you’ll want to get containers to organize your pieces. John just picked up some clear flat tackle boxes with the adjustable sections for ours. He has four of them and it makes things much easier.

We should do an online play. You set up yours, well set up ours and just move players and villains around both boards as we play through rounds.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and APRIL
Not a dungeon or two, the first dungeon. We played three times and couldn’t win. Finally added two more players and it’s better matched. That’s not to say you couldn’t figure out how to play with two people with the right combination of characters. Also as you learn the characters you get better at playing them (obviously). The first time I played my current one I totally screwed it up.

As far as replay ability, you totally could. You can have multiple campaigns for different groups, but you’ll have to pick a main group to put the stickers on with and then just take really good notes with subsequent groups.

@fly you’ll want to get containers to organize your pieces. John just picked up some clear flat tackle boxes with the adjustable sections for ours. He has four of them and it makes things much easier.

We should do an online play. You set up yours, well set up ours and just move players and villains around both boards as we play through rounds.
Online play! Omg marvelous, let's!

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke