a small piece of he has died

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
Marklar
₥797
Only now, as I plan a small vacation to the state of my birth, I find that a producer of some of the finest beers I've known has been defunct for over a year and a half:

http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=9604

And while I'm sure this means absolutely nothing to the rest of you bastards, it brings up the whole topic of "things from the past what are lost forever to me."

No more shall I drink of the BBC's sweet marzen, or journey home with a two-liter growler of their delicious dopplebock. No more can I double-park on Albermarle street and duck in for a plate of german sausage and a pils, or even one of the finer weizens I've known-- depending on the season.

So, the main idea here, I guess, is that it sucks to loose the opportunity to re-live any insignifigant sliver of your past. If Attman's deli on Lombard street ever closes their doors I shall have no recourse but to travel all the way to Israel and profess my grievances at the foot of the Wailing Wall.

And then the thread inticing bit would have to be an invitation for the rest of your rabble to reminice on the lost bits of your own lives.

How many of you, now that you find yourselves ripe with age and life, can never return to the haunts of times gone by? I can recall at least four businesses, now defunt, that I spent signifigant amounts of time at. What were yours*?

*Galen and Flaminglory need not reply on account of them being, like, twelve or some shit

edit edit:

** sadly, I only now see that the thread title has the word "he" instead of the word "me"

*** alcoholism is a total bitch, it seems. particularly when combined with vbullettin

Last edited:
itburnswhenipee said:
Only now, as I plan a small vacation to the state of my birth, I find that a producer of some of the finest beers I've known has been defunct for over a year and a half:

http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=9604

And while I'm sure this means absolutely nothing to the rest of you bastards, it brings up the whole topic of "things from the past what are lost forever to me."

No more shall I drink of the BBC's sweet marzen, or journey home with a two-liter growler of their delicious dopplebock. No more can I double-park on Albermarle street and duck in for a plate of german sausage and a pils, or even one of the finer weizens I've known-- depending on the season.

So, the main idea here, I guess, is that it sucks to loose the opportunity to re-live any insignifigant sliver of your past. If Attman's deli on Lombard street ever closes their doors I shall have no recourse but to travel all the way to Israel and profess my grievances at the foot of the Wailing Wall.

And then the thread inticing bit would have to be an invitation for the rest of your rabble to reminice on the lost bits of your own lives.

How many of you, now that you find yourselves ripe with age and life, can never return to the haunts of times gone by? I can recall at least four businesses, now defunt, that I spent signifigant amounts of time at. What were yours*?

*Galen and Flaminglory need not reply on account of them being, like, twelve or some shit

edit edit:

** sadly, I only now see that the thread title has the word "he" instead of the word "me"

*** alcoholism is a total bitch, it seems. particularly when combined with vbullettin

Frederick Brewing Company, while not a 100% replacement, has taken up the Maryland Beer torch and is running with it as far and fast as they can. Swing by the Condo when you come out, we'll go down and get matching Growler's of their finest seasonal brew.

itburnswhenipee said:
I um *cough* I like, live in Baltimore

This closing has been rumored for some time, it is very sad news though

I was reading the article and then I remembered I lived in Florida and this has 0 effect onto my life so I stopped. Sorry if you liked their beer though!

I miss 3dfx :(

I know that isn't from childhood or a long time ago but it's computer components so it's accelerated right?