Halp A question on some of the recent mass shootings

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
I was reading about Jared Loughners sentencing today and a odd thought popped in my head, and just expanded as I looked at some more of the recent high profile shootings, like Aurora.

Now, back in the day, when there was mass shootings, or anything else where an individual rose up and committed some heinous atrocity, after the fact, we were immediately bombarded with all kinds of information about the perpetrator. Who he was, what he did, who he associated with, etc etc. Dylan Kleibold and Erric Harris, we knew all kinds of details about these guys. Activities they did before the attack, who they associated with.

But recently, especially with Loughner, and with James Holmes, we know nothing. Not much of anything. They all silently plead out, they get sentenced to the dismal hellhole in Colorado called Supermax where people are never seen again, and that's it.

Is it just me, or does that seem weird to anyone else? Yes, there may be a bit of tin foil hat in the thinking, but that kind of profile and fast clearance of stuff like this is classic 'cut out' activity, put a person in place that has no past, no history, no family, send him to commit an act, let the press do what they do, get some agendas set, distract the public from other things going on at the time, send them away to where no one will be the wiser that they aren't seen anymore, and then disappear them.

The OKC bombers, their trial took years, and once it was done, we knew EVERYTHING about them. Ex wives, sexual proclivities, everything. But some of these latest attack, we know shit.

Why is that? In an age where info is easier to find than ever, why exactly is that?

I was reading about Jared Loughners sentencing today and a odd thought popped in my head, and just expanded as I looked at some more of the recent high profile shootings, like Aurora.

Now, back in the day, when there was mass shootings, or anything else where an individual rose up and committed some heinous atrocity, after the fact, we were immediately bombarded with all kinds of information about the perpetrator. Who he was, what he did, who he associated with, etc etc. Dylan Kleibold and Erric Harris, we knew all kinds of details about these guys. Activities they did before the attack, who they associated with.

But recently, especially with Loughner, and with James Holmes, we know nothing. Not much of anything. They all silently plead out, they get sentenced to the dismal hellhole in Colorado called Supermax where people are never seen again, and that's it.

Is it just me, or does that seem weird to anyone else? Yes, there may be a bit of tin foil hat in the thinking, but that kind of profile and fast clearance of stuff like this is classic 'cut out' activity, put a person in place that has no past, no history, no family, send him to commit an act, let the press do what they do, get some agendas set, distract the public from other things going on at the time, send them away to where no one will be the wiser that they aren't seen anymore, and then disappear them.

The OKC bombers, their trial took years, and once it was done, we knew EVERYTHING about them. Ex wives, sexual proclivities, everything. But some of these latest attack, we know shit.

Why is that? In an age where info is easier to find than ever, why exactly is that?

There was a number of pretty serious studies done that show when the news covers the suspect to death, it actually inspires other nutcases that do copycat stuff. Serious, scientific studies. People testified in court in multiple shootings (columbine on up) to keep things low profile, or it would not only validate the killers ideals if still alive, but also inspire others.

Im kind of amazed that the media may have actually listened.

James Holmes was a plant. They need some control on Holmes dad so James got the short end of the stick.

The media listens but not to the people. I believe when times are tough/high stress in the country the media is told to tone it down on spreading news/coverage of certain crimes to prevent similar crimes popping up in other places.

Last edited:
you know. I'm an idiot.

If I had done a little more research, I would have found that there is indeed a lot known on these guys. It's just that backstory isn't national newsworthy anymore..

Never mind me. Lock this shit up.

You want some real tinfoil hat shit? Loughners gets more coverage than all of them. I'm still hearing about that one a year later. Meanwhile, Holmes disa-fucking-peared. You say the media doesn't cover it to try and prevent copycats and such. So... why am I still hearing about Loughners? Do they want us to start killing politicians? Is it revolution they want? Are they willing to go that far for gun control? Are they willing to go that far for control on an absolute scale? Power does have its madness. /psytardbabble

you know. I'm an idiot.

If I had done a little more research, I would have found that there is indeed a lot known on these guys. It's just that backstory isn't national newsworthy anymore..

Never mind me. Lock this shit up.

Fuck... there went my troll. :(

Not your fault. The media has gotten more efficient with disseminating stupid bullshit, so it doesn't take three years or however long to spew it all out.

Not your fault. The media has gotten more efficient with disseminating stupid bullshit, so it doesn't take three years or however long to spew it all out.

Which makes me wonder how private one's life really is now. Quick! How many times per week do I masturbate?

Holmes was still big and on non stop until Jessica Ridgeway went missing. We moved onto the next horrible story.

yeah, I guess that stuff just isn't filtering up into national news. Instead, we get 'The Best Election Night Tweets'... Figures. Lots of people here don't know that much about Columbine. It was all anyone was talking about for a long time.

yeah, I guess that stuff just isn't filtering up into national news. Instead, we get 'The Best Election Night Tweets'... Figures. Lots of people here don't know that much about Columbine. It was all anyone was talking about for a long time.

on the contrary, i fear. it hits the news, but quick! another one! turn the camera from 3:00 to 9:00.

TOO MANY HORRIBLES TO KEEP UP WITH. :(