A question for the ages

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Why the hell is draft beer always better than beer in a bottle/can?

I can drink Newcastle draft like water, but the bottle leaves a bit of bitter aftertaste.

Shinerbock on draft is like nectar from Aphrodite's teat, but in the bottle is only "good".

Why the hell is that?

theacoustician said:
Why the hell is draft beer always better than beer in a bottle/can?

I can drink Newcastle draft like water, but the bottle leaves a bit of bitter aftertaste.

Shinerbock on draft is like nectar from Aphrodite's teat, but in the bottle is only "good".

Why the hell is that?

I have no friggin clue.

F33nX said:
correct chilling temperature plus right amount of carbonation from the keg.

alternatively

there are elves in the kegs :shady:
but even after its been sitting a bit in the glass and warms some, its still way better than the bottle.

theacoustician said:
but even after its been sitting a bit in the glass and warms some, its still way better than the bottle.

when it goes through the hose to the tap, the flavors get all intermingled again. you can't really get that in a bottle or can (unless it's guinness from what i've heard)

F33nX said:
when it goes through the hose to the tap, the flavors get all intermingled again. you can't really get that in a bottle or can (unless it's guinness from what i've heard)
Guinness in a can tastes like ass

Its like fountain soda vs bottle soda vs can soda. Fountain soda always tastes the best.

While I don't drink beer I can also say that tapped root beer, from A&W and other places that carry it, always tastes better as well.

KNYTE said:
While I don't drink beer I can also say that tapped root beer, from A&W and other places that carry it, always tastes better as well.
Beer is life. Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.

smileynev said:
Its like fountain soda vs bottle soda vs can soda. Fountain soda always tastes the best.

fountain soda is actually mixed in the machine as it dispenses it. The syrup and the carbonated water are in separate containers. That has a lot to do with the flavor.

The beer that goes into the bottles and into the kegs comes from the same vat (at the few breweries that Ive been into anyways) so its the same beer in the bottles and kegs. Ive no idea where the flavor differences come from.

KNYTE said:
Do you drink caffine? Did your parents get you into the religion or are you new?

theacoustician said:
Actually, I prefer Coke in a glass bottle to all others.

Oh yes. coke in glass bottles is as good and probably better then fountain coke. Although one time at a sandwich place we got a coke that had just a little too much syrup. That was probably the best coke I have ever had.