A question for the ages

my friends and I ponder this all the time, and my philosophy is that bitter tasting things taste better when they are spread out all over your taste buds - when you drink beer from a glass you'll be able to take in more beer per moment than with a bottle or can, plus its flow is more wide spread than from a can or bottle

but when you drink sweet things like fruit punch in a glass, it's almost overwhelming in a glass, but just perfect in a can

theacoustician said:
Shinerbock on draft is like nectar from Aphrodite's teat, but in the bottle is only "good".

:lol:

I personally like swigging from a bottle

elpmis said:
my friends and I ponder this all the time, and my philosophy is that bitter tasting things taste better when they are spread out all over your taste buds - when you drink beer from a glass you'll be able to take in more beer per moment than with a bottle or can, plus its flow is more wide spread than from a can or bottle

but when you drink sweet things like fruit punch in a glass, it's almost overwhelming in a glass, but just perfect in a can

You're thinking too hard.

Drool-Boy said:
fountain soda is actually mixed in the machine as it dispenses it. The syrup and the carbonated water are in separate containers. That has a lot to do with the flavor.

The beer that goes into the bottles and into the kegs comes from the same vat (at the few breweries that Ive been into anyways) so its the same beer in the bottles and kegs. Ive no idea where the flavor differences come from.
Sam Adams makes keg beer in Boston, but the bottling is done elsewhere.

theacoustician said:
You were the one that wanted me to stop talking about video games.

Specially after dinner last night. The world needs more talk of beer and less talk of video games.

Forget about tap v. bottle. I wonder how this Newcastle Ice cream would taste???

icecream.jpg

http://www.doddingtondairy.co.uk/brownale.htm

theacoustician said:
she thinks the video game thread is dominating the forum.

It did, didn't it?

To your original question though- I don't have an answer, I just know that anything from the tap is tons better than a can or bottle.