a previous thread got me wonderin'...

i think it's cool to meet someone who is good at producing something you enjoy...an artist, a musician, a writer...that kind of thing inspires me and excites me because it encourages me to be creative...

as far as movie stars, meh. i don't keep up with all the goings-on with them (except for liam, and mom cuts out any/every article for me...)

Sarcasmo said:
The funniest thing about meeting celebs is seeing how human they are. First of all, I don't "celebrate" anyone. I couldn't give a shit less if someone is famous or not, and in fact I usually laugh when they are because it's always for such a trivial reason.

Anyway, I am always stricken by how short someone is, how their breath smells, etc. Those little things that peel away the layers of mystery and expose the smelly monkeys they really are.

Except for Sandra Bullock. In real life she is not only hot but pretty tall, funny, sweet, and smells good.

And she has Jessie James.....yummy :drool:

Thorn Bird said:
i don't keep up with all the goings-on with them (except for liam, and mom cuts out any/every article for me...)

STALKER.

OBSESSION IS NOT NORMAL. SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've met Terry "Hulk" Hogan, George Foreman, and Richard Karn (Who was an asshole)

My old boss was on QVC constantly - Bob Feldman from Aero products

My 3rd cousin is Pat Benatar, but I've never met her
Hogan seems like a really cool guy - I loved the WWF when I was a kid

elpmis said:
'I wouldn't want to meet famous people' blah blah blah

'They're not real people because they're famous' blah blah blah

'She must work out more than I do' blah blah blah

jealous jealous jealous

women women women

etc etc etc

I'm not sure how much of it is really jealousy tho. Most people just have enough sense to know that the 'hollywood persona' that celebs project or display are not 'real'. It's just marketing. Take Tommy Cruise and Katie for example. I couldn't care less if I ever met them. They're just a walking commercial for themselves.

elpmis said:
Hogan seems like a really cool guy - I loved the WWF when I was a kid

He lets his daughter dress like a 2-dollar whore though. Not cool.

And he also tells her she can sing, when she is exactly like every other one of the 10 million trashy looking blonde skanks who think they are unique and talented but actually suck horribly.

Pandora said:
I'm not sure how much of it is really jealousy tho. Most people just have enough sense to know that the 'hollywood persona' that celebs project or display are not 'real'. It's just marketing. Take Tommy Cruise and Katie for example. I couldn't care less if I ever met them. They're just a walking commercial for themselves.

yeah, i don't think it's jealousy. their jobs are to constantly be on, and pretty and perfect and say the right thing and...
i'm not jealous of that. i wouldn't want my life to be sucked up and spit out to be my life...i couldnt' have what i want most outta life...

Pandora said:
You're putting way too much thought in to something that is meeting someone famous for like 20 seconds - think of how many fake ass people you have met in your life, now swap one of those people you can't even remember the name of with a famous person - see how it's a little cooler? That's what I'm saying

Meeting Tom Cruise would be sweet, who can forget how awesome Risky Business was? Not me

Thorn Bird said:
i think it's cool to meet someone who is good at producing something you enjoy...an artist, a musician, a writer...that kind of thing inspires me and excites me because it encourages me to be creative...

as far as movie stars, meh. i don't keep up with all the goings-on with them (except for liam, and mom cuts out any/every article for me...)

I completely agree with that, there are a few photographers I would LOVE to meet and pick their brains for a day or two.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've met Terry "Hulk" Hogan, George Foreman, and Richard Karn (Who was an asshole)

My old boss was on QVC constantly - Bob Feldman from Aero products

My 3rd cousin is Pat Benatar, but I've never met her

Amazing how people you expect to be nice are assholes and vice versa huh?

Hogan is nice and so is his family. It is not strange if you live anywhere near clearwater to see him out and about. I think more or less the people around here have accepted that he is just a normal guy doing normal things and try not to bug him shitless. I have only met a few celebs, favorite being Colleen Shannon(playboy Dj). Besides that the only other ones are bands(creed, our lady peace, bass guy from third eye blind, blink, LTJ, ect).

JJ and I were in Road Trip. They filmed some scenes at GA Tech and had open extras casting call. The weekend we did it there were about 130 of us along with the cast and crew. The best part was the next Monday when I got asked to do some second team stand in work for Sean Williams Scott. That day it was just the main cast, us stand-ins, and the crew. We got to eat with the cast and crew (that spread totally blew away the crap we got fed as extras) and I hung out with the cast and crew all day.

A few weeks later they were back to film some stuff for the previews, with Tom Green, who was pretty tame, but still damn funny, and since the main team was on set, the guy directing the extra material was Ivan Wrightman, and I got to meet him too. Since I already new the extras director, he got me in the filming for that day too.

Got called a bit later to do some work on Remember the Titans later in the semester, but it was right during finals, so I couldn't do it.

JJ did some stand-in work too during the extras weekend we did, for a receptionist character. She got to schmooze with Amy Smart and introduced me after they were done. She was pretty :cool:

All in all, we were in about 3 scenes in the movie. The stand-in work we did was for when they are setting up shots, lighting, and angles. We go through the motions and when they are ready to film, the actors step in.

Oh, and a surreal experience was the time I called a guy who runs a company that specializes in optimizing compressed air systems. I had been working with him on putting together a plan for our mill after I attended a seminar he put on. He's done a ton of stuff, pretty much the father of compressed air control, plus he's done a ton of other things, patents and whatnot, so basically the guy is loaded. When I called him he was on his way with his wife to look at their new $600,000 home in FL, and had stopped to get some lunch. As I'm talking with him, he says,

"Hold on a second, I've got to get some stuff out of the car. Here, talk to Ric Flair."

At which point the Nature Boy gets on the phone and says hi, how are you, asks how I know Scot and so on. Says it was nice chatting with me and gives the phone back to Scot. Turns out they went to college together. One became and engineer, one a professional wrestler, and they have been friends ever since.