a previous thread got me wonderin'...

Thorn Bird said:
did you look him up or anything? that's weird. i had several people at the college i attended tell me i had a twin there, but i never saw her. i also have a common face, if you will..i've had many people come up to me and ask me if i'm so-and-so, or if i went here/there...it's really weird to look like so many people!

I get that shit all the time. The question is... Who? And is this a compliment or not? :confused:

kiwi said:
I've never heard of any of the famous people mentioned. Nor have I ever met a famous person.

Edit: Except for the Pope, I've heard of him.

I'm with ya Kiwi. I've never really met a famous person. I don't really care much about celebs really. There's only three 'famous people' I'd like to meet.

1) Matthew McConaughey :drool:
2) Charlieze Theron :drool:
3) Hitlary Clinton (so I can beat her ass before she can run for prez)

Candy said:
I get that shit all the time. The question is... Who? And is this a compliment or not? :confused:

yeah, i always ask him/her if that's a good or bad thing...one guy came to my door to fix something in the house or whatever, and he couldn't even talk...he stared at me for a full minute before he started stammering that i looked EXACTLY like his sister or sister-in-law or something...it was funny after i realized i wasn't an ogre, or something that freaked him the f*uck out...

Pandora said:
I'm with ya Kiwi. I've never really met a famous person. I don't really care much about celebs really. There's only three 'famous people' I'd like to meet.

3) Hitlary Clinton (so I can beat her ass before she can run for prez)

Hehe, someone needs too. I really don't have any famous people I would love to meet, I'm content knowing real people. I would probably just get sick of the show the famous person was putting on all the time and leave anyway.

Thorn Bird said:
i was thinking about him the other day...do you think he'll become a saint one day?

There is a certain amount of time that has to go by after death before a pope can assign sainthood. Pope John Paul put the required time aside and gave Mother Theresa an almost immediadte sainthood. The new pope is in the process of doing the same for John Paul.....or so I've heard.

I've met tons of celebs and athletes. The entire Dallas Stars squad, most of the Cowboys and Mavericks, Al Gore (in Russia, oddly), Michael Keaton, Diane Lane (So hot it's just absurd. Completely, ridiculously hot. I would marry that woman.), tons of comedians, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robin Williams, Martin Short, Rob Lowe, and dozens more I can't think of at the moment.

kiwi said:
Hehe, someone needs too. I really don't have any famous people I would love to meet, I'm content knowing real people. I would probably just get sick of the show the famous person was putting on all the time and leave anyway.

Yeah I get sick of the show 'normal' people put on. I'm sure if I actually met Matthew or Charlize irl my fantasies would be crushed. But they would be the only famous moviestar types that I'd even mention meeting. I've actually seen Lenny Kravitz before, but meh...who cares.

Pandora said:
Yeah I get sick of the show 'normal' people put on. I'm sure if I actually met Matthew or Charlize irl my fantasies would be crushed. But they would be the only famous moviestar types that I'd even mention meeting. I've actually seen Lenny Kravitz before, but meh...who cares.

but he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot!!!!!

Pandora said:

Yea, very true. People just need to be themselves. I guess that's why I don't fit in in Utah very well, I'm not very good at the normal "Mormon" show everyone puts on. I tell it how it is.

kiwi said:
Between Coqui and Sarcasmo?
'I wouldn't want to meet famous people' blah blah blah

'They're not real people because they're famous' blah blah blah

'She must work out more than I do' blah blah blah

jealous jealous jealous

women women women

etc etc etc

Pandora said:

The funniest thing about meeting celebs is seeing how human they are. First of all, I don't "celebrate" anyone. I couldn't give a shit less if someone is famous or not, and in fact I usually laugh when they are because it's always for such a trivial reason.

Anyway, I am always stricken by how short someone is, how their breath smells, etc. Those little things that peel away the layers of mystery and expose the smelly monkeys they really are.

Except for Sandra Bullock. In real life she is not only hot but pretty tall, funny, sweet, and smells good.