A picture I took yesterday......

BigDov said:
Nicely done Cletus.......... that's a great pic.
thanks! :heart:

edit: people always ask me who that is and I tell them "an old friend." I told one then current girlfriend that it was an ex-girlfriend and she totally flipped because I had the pic on display the whole time we had been dating. oops.

CletusJones said:
Here's a b&w image that I took and then printed on fiber paper. I toned it in a sepia bath for about 2 minutes and got this. I scanned it in a long time ago on a really nice scanner. To this day, it's one of my favorite pictures.

cletus5.JPG

I agree with BigDov. Really nice pic.

fly said:
How do you only do it to certain areas? I wish I understood photoshop. :(
Select --> Color Range
Choose the "Sampled Colours" option.
Click on the colour you want to select in the picture (not the miniature).
Hold down [Shift] and continue to select the colours you want to include.
The area you have selected shows up as white in the miniature.
To increase the "sensitivity" you can decrease the "Fuzziness" value.
Hit [Ok]

Your selection shows up. If you selected the house colours now is a good time to invert the selection: Select --> Inverse.

To apply the Sepia effect: Image --> Adjustments --> Photo Filter --> Sepia. Adjust the slider to your liking and hit [Ok].

Profit

I Robert I said:
Select --> Color Range
Choose the "Sampled Colours" option.
Click on the colour you want to select in the picture (not the miniature).
Hold down [Shift] and continue to select the colours you want to include.
The area you have selected shows up as white in the miniature.
To increase the "sensitivity" you can decrease the "Fuzziness" value.
Hit [Ok]

Your selection shows up. If you selected the house colours now is a good time to invert the selection: Select --> Inverse.

To apply the Sepia effect: Image --> Adjustments --> Photo Filter --> Sepia. Adjust the slider to your liking and hit [Ok].

Profit

I learned something... the shift key. :)

I think I kind of blew some of the reds out a little.. and there are some selection things I missed that I could have taken care of, but selection is a pain and I'm done with this for now :p Stuff like this is fun to mess with, but I'm not quite going for perfection at the moment

CletusJones said:
Here's a b&w image that I took and then printed on fiber paper. I toned it in a sepia bath for about 2 minutes and got this. I scanned it in a long time ago on a really nice scanner. To this day, it's one of my favorite pictures.

http://www.omg-stfu.com/temp/cletus5.JPG

That is awesome! You took that picture? I love the framing of that shot! It's so playful and light spirited. The sepia looks great, but the picture is awesome. :cool:

Niltrog said:

I think I kind of blew some of the reds out a little.. and there are some selection things I missed that I could have taken care of, but selection is a pain and I'm done with this for now :p Stuff like this is fun to mess with, but I'm not quite going for perfection at the moment

I like that one too........ :)