A nice little time waster

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
So the last week or 2 I've been messing around with http://www.runescape.com

It has a quite sizable free section and a vastly broader pay section ($5/month). The whole game runs in a Java Craplet so the graphics are 3d but definitely leave something to be desired. The primary benefit, it operates in a web browser which is easy to hide at work, it runs via the standard open ports so our firewalls don't block it, and it is pretty addictive.

I ended up paying for the monthly subscription so that I could play where there were less 13 year olds running around yelling "NOOB!!!!!!!1" at everything that moves.

So, anybody out there playing this? It doesn't quite compete with the box MMORPG games out there but it isn't bad for a daytime, time-waster.

thats cool, i remember running around killing goats or cows or something, pretty boring at the beginning.

it is indeed, it takes quite a few hours of gameplay before you get to the interesting stuff. It's primarily a character building/tweaking RPG. It is a lot more interesting if you have a group that role plays while you are in the boring part of the game.

You never made it off of tutorial island before you were bored silly, did you? :D

Kind of like me and first experience with Everquest back in 1999. I created a character, went out into the world, fell in some water and had trouble swimming, got killed by a rat, and said "Well this is stupid" and went back to Quake 3.