A new way to get a ticket

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,546
As I was putting on my 06 sticker on my license plate indicating I had now paid the government to be able to drive the car I pay for, I glanced at the instructions:
1. Clean upper left/right corner of the rear license plate.
2. Remove paper backing on the decal.
3. Place decal as indicated in illustration on right.
4. Rub out all bubbles and wrinkles.
5. Failure to place decals as indicated may result in a citation.

I can see it now:

Officer: do you know why I pulled you over?

Driver: No officer, I'm afraid I don't.

Officer: I noticed your registration sticker isn't on correctly.

Driver: Really?!? I'm certain I put it in the right spot.

Officer: Oh, it's in the right spot, but clearly there are bubbles and wrinkles that weren't properly rubbed out. I'm going to have to give you a ticket for this.

kiwi said:
As I was putting on my 06 sticker on my license plate indicating I had now paid the government to be able to drive the car I pay for, I glanced at the instructions:
1. Clean upper left/right corner of the rear license plate.
2. Remove paper backing on the decal.
3. Place decal as indicated in illustration on right.
4. Rub out all bubbles and wrinkles.
5. Failure to place decals as indicated may result in a citation.

I can see it now:

Officer: do you know why I pulled you over?

Driver: No officer, I'm afraid I don't.

Officer: I noticed your registration sticker isn't on correctly.

Driver: Really?!? I'm certain I put it in the right spot.

Officer: Oh, it's in the right spot, but clearly there are bubbles and wrinkles that weren't properly rubbed out. I'm going to have to give you a ticket for this.

I don't have a whole lot of trouble seeing a Utah Highway Patrol trooper giving someone a ticket for that actually. Bastards.

Oh, you'll be surprised how many people put the stickers on ass backwards. its quite common Some people dont put it over the old sticker, some people put it in the center of the tag others put a sticker in each corner. its sad how some people cannot follow directions.

But I'm good at getting tickets already. I don't need any help. Does anyone else think that either the cops are lying when they say how fast you were going or that your speedometer is way off?

it depends. they usually give you 5 mph. but you can never know when the gun was last calibrated either, and some people just dont even know how to use the gun properly.

oh, and I know some of this because my father is a cop.

Ryokurin said:
it depends. they usually give you 5 mph. but you can never know when the gun was last calibrated either, and some people just dont even know how to use the gun properly.

"Officer Dunbar, do you think you can use the speed gun correctly?"

"YES MOTHER F****R I CAN."

Ryokurin said:

Well I did ask him to check it on my last one. Bah!

Here you get tickets if your inspection isnt applied in the winshield properly. Been like that since I was little.

I HATE paying car registration. What's more, I hate having to take my car in for a smog check. Fuck the environment, I only get an hour for lunch, goddamnit!

I've driven around with expired registration for months...been pulled over for it twice....cop threatened to tow my car once.

Ryokurin said:

A friend of mine has gotten out of every speeding ticket he's gotten.

Challenge the ticket.

If the cop doesn't show, you're golden.

If he does, ask for calibration records for the gun.
If he doesn't have them, or it wasn't calibrated within a certain time, you're golden.

There's tons more, but those are the only two I can remember.

FlamingGlory said:
Here you get tickets if your inspection isnt applied in the winshield properly. Been like that since I was little.

We don't have to put ours on there. Come to think about it, I don't think you need an inspection in Ohio.

KNYTE said:
I don't have a whole lot of trouble seeing a Utah Highway Patrol trooper giving someone a ticket for that actually. Bastards.

Well they're probably mormon, so it figures.

Millions said:
I HATE paying car registration. What's more, I hate having to take my car in for a smog check. Fuck the environment, I only get an hour for lunch, goddamnit!

I've driven around with expired registration for months...been pulled over for it twice....cop threatened to tow my car once.
I've been driving my car without an inspection sticker for 6 months now

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've been driving my car without an inspection sticker for 6 months now

an inspection sticker or tags? We don't need inspections out here anymore. We send all of our pollution to Canada via large windmills.

JJ Lady said:
But I'm good at getting tickets already. I don't need any help. Does anyone else think that either the cops are lying when they say how fast you were going or that your speedometer is way off?
On a car from the factory with stock tires/wheels, the speedo error should be a bit generous - maybe 2-5mph over what you're actually doing.

My motorcycle's speedo is messed up, it's one of those 85mph ones from the early 80's even though the bike is much faster. When it says I'm going 60 it's actually in the high 90's :fly:

smileynev said:
an inspection sticker or tags? We don't need inspections out here anymore. We send all of our pollution to Canada via large windmills.
Inspection sticker, there's no smog test in NH but the safety inspection is STRICT. I just registered it in MA though, so now I have to get a MA smog test done since MA troopers will pull you over without a sticker

ChikkenNoodul said:
Inspection sticker, there's no smog test in NH but the safety inspection is STRICT. I just registered it in MA though, so now I have to get a MA smog test done since MA troopers will pull you over without a sticker

safety inspection? What kind of crap is that?