Advice A moral dilemma - what would you do?

I don't think it matters if you take it or not, it's only 5% at the end of the day, no offence but it's not like you're stringing them along, pocketing millions then leaving the next day. Inform them you're leaving and let them decide if they want to take the 5% back if they have hard feelings about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I don't think it matters if you take it or not, it's only 5% at the end of the day, no offence but it's not like you're stringing them along, pocketing millions then leaving the next day. Inform them you're leaving and let them decide if they want to take the 5% back if they have hard feelings about it.

you are not suited for man's business

I would set fire to my competitor's poppy fields and houses for 5%

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and fly
this pic pretty much solves this whole thread, btw

93-disregard_females_acquire_currency.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Here's a moral dilemma if I may...

We currently have two regular work locations with different staff teams completely. I frequently do rounds of recruiting for both. One site is excellent with supportive managers, a well run structure and good ethos and the other is a hellhole of shite with a crazy bitch manager. The second is desperately in need of people on the ground. Everytime I interview someone and end up having to send them to work on the second site I feel like I'm fucking them over as a person. It makes me feel shit. WWJD?

the only person who comes out ahead in this case is duke's ex-bosses-boss who gets an email kudos from their boss for being slightly better on overall budget because of the returned funds.

no one is going to be recognized, no one will say thank you, no one will care
That's not the point, though. If we don't want to turn into corporate bots, we have to do things true to our ethics. If it were me, I would, when I resigned, say, "Do with the bonus what you think fair." Let him have the moral dilemma.

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear and Duke
For 5% extra in your pay packet for one month?

You that desperate?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, ugh, i hate explaining men's matters to women

look, you don't burn all of the poppys. you just set the fire and wait for the guards to come put it out, you then kill the guards. when the guards are all dead you go to the competitors homes, kill them, and burn the place down ( you never live in them, bad juju)

bring me a coffee, im parched from talking

That's not the point, though. If we don't want to turn into corporate bots, we have to do things true to our ethics. If it were me, I would, when I resigned, say, "Do with the bonus what you think fair." Let him have the moral dilemma.
agree, leave it on them. By not evening mentioning it.

If they wanna pull it back, dont fight for it, if they dont, take it.

Its their call. Just like it was their call to grant it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
Here's a moral dilemma if I may...

We currently have two regular work locations with different staff teams completely. I frequently do rounds of recruiting for both. One site is excellent with supportive managers, a well run structure and good ethos and the other is a hellhole of shite with a crazy bitch manager. The second is desperately in need of people on the ground. Everytime I interview someone and end up having to send them to work on the second site I feel like I'm fucking them over as a person. It makes me feel shit. WWJD?

Hire a new manager, move the manager from the good location to the shit location with the understanding that they are being sent to reform the office and not as a punishment. Give them full autonomy to do with staff as they will.

corporate ethics and sensitivity training has molded you into thinking this way. you are only ethically responsible to not directly steal from them. this is in no way stealing. this is money set aside for the purpose of compensating duke for effort he had already put in up to that point, they were not making any offers or promises of future work or compensation at that rate, it was a one-time bonus. he in no way should feel like he needs to give this back. It's literally handing back money that he worked to earn. WHY?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Amstel