Advice A moral dilemma - what would you do?

Hire a new manager, move the manager from the good location to the shit location with the understanding that they are being sent to reform the office and not as a punishment. Give them full autonomy to do with staff as they will.
Luckily the shit manager has handed in her notice so hopefully things will improve over there soon, although there is no one currently lined up for her position to manage the place which is worrying. I don't mind helping over there to steady things, but no way do I want to take on the amount of issues they have.

So, yesterday, I was out with a few friends, enjoying my vacation this week and anticipating sending in my resignation notice this friday, when i get a call from my boss.

He called me to let me know that I'm getting a 5% bonus along with my regular paycheck this friday.

Instantly, in my mind I was thinking that they know what's coming, and that this little boost was their attempt to try to keep me. I asked what it was for, and he simply state 'we do this from time to time. I submitted it, and it was approved'. Nothing more, just, according to him, money out of no where.

I thanked him and ended the call. I didn't let him know I was going to quit.

But my mind is already made up on what to do. For me, it wasn't a question. I'm calling them back today, giving my notice a day early, and let them know to cancel the bonus. I can't in good conscience accept it.

I know there will be some who will call me an idiot, especially since I have no loyalty to this place and they have derailed my career for the past 2 years. There are some who will get my decision, as they like to look at themselves in the mirror and see someone who still tries to do the right thing and can sleep well at night knowing they did.

So, UFers, what would you do? Take the money knowing your bolting, or tell them to keep it since you have already accepted a new position elsewhere so you don't attain a 'douchebag' life achievement.

I would take the bonus. Its not as though you haven't earned it. If you were sucking at your job you wouldn't get it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke