A Hooters Thread

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
so we rented a movie that was incredibly similar to what my wife and I know to be the Hooters experience. "Still Waiting" (unrated version had boob shot). from little dumpy managers banging hotties, to the kitchen help, etc. just almost right on.

the wife was a server and then moved to NYC to do the marketing for the Hooters Staten Island.

I've been doing Hooters bikini contests since the late 90's. from here to Daytona.. have done the bay area joint at channelside with 40 chicks the last 3 years.. blah blah blah. (wish I knew how to post audio of our Hooters song)

curious what you kind folks think about Hooters?

Hooters food is over rated and the local one has limits on pitchers of beer which are way over priced. But I like boobs so I'll hit one if I have the chance. Hooters that is, not boobs.

The food had gone from mediocre to terrible by the last time I went 6 years ago or so.

I used to go to one with work people fairly regularly, until I learned that one of the people I was with had a daughter that went to school with the girls he was drooling over and chatting up like crazy.....got a little creepy.

Getting older sucks.

I used to work there too back when I was younger. :fly:

The food is meh, but I love me some curly fries and jalapeno cheese sauce!

I went with a friend (girl) once to the local one, it's pretty old cause I remember it being there when I was a toddler. It was a school friends get together/birthday deal so I really didnt know anyone.

I only got a coke, but stealing food from other people it seemed to be overdone. I dont like the forced atmosphere, it just makes it seem kinda sad. I see the same looking or hotter girls almost everyday so their most gratuitous appeal is flat out boring. The cook looked mad gangsta, made me wonder about sanitation.

Then I sat out front with some girl who had come with someone else. Chain smoked and exchanged cynical commentary about the state of popular culture until everyone else was done.

I went with a friend (girl) once to the local one, it's pretty old cause I remember it being there when I was a toddler. It was a school friends get together/birthday deal so I really didnt know anyone.

I only got a coke, but stealing food from other people it seemed to be overdone. I dont like the forced atmosphere, it just makes it seem kinda sad. I see the same looking or hotter girls almost everyday so their most gratuitous appeal is flat out boring. The cook looked mad gangsta, made me wonder about sanitation.

Then I sat out front with some girl who had come with someone else. Chain smoked and exchanged cynical commentary about the state of popular culture until everyone else was done.
You've pretty much summed up Hooters.

I always tell the sad stories of men that would get a table alone and sit there to eat and "people watch;" some of them would bring in gifts for the waitresses.

The gifts I would get from them were poor tips, jewelry, and these ugly butterfly thongs that I swiftly threw in the trash.

Those men are disgusting and sad.

That is all.

You've pretty much summed up Hooters.

I always tell the sad stories of men that would get a table alone and sit there to eat and "people watch;" some of them would bring in gifts for the waitresses.

The gifts I would get from them were poor tips, jewelry, and these ugly butterfly thongs that I swiftly threw in the trash.

Those men are disgusting and sad.

That is all.

Do you still have the butterfly thong fly gave you?

Yeah, I still dont get that, it's a huge part of American culture, paying people to act to sell things. Im not entirely sure who it works on, thinking of abercrombie and fitch, and hooters, and all those types of places. Lifestyle and atmosphere marketing always comes off as cynical to me.

I like the places where the help is ambivalent, the cashiers are somewhere missing in action, the best you can hope for if you ask for help is to be taken pity on... There was an independant coffee place near where I used to work where the girls were absolutely cutting. They didnt want to be there, and they were fair and whatnot but it was completely honest which was far more appealing than anything else.