A few sunset pictures from Slieve Croob

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
Ireland
Marklar
₥0
Took these 3 weeks ago tomorrow at about 2230, so appologies for the quality of the pictures. However, I like how a few turned out with the sunset on the horizon and I thought I'd share them here, especially seeing as I won't be taking any more for the next few years.

This is the first picture I took as we were going up. It had been an especially hot day, and due to the fact we were pretty high up, you can see mist forming lower down. You may be able to make out the city of Lisburn in the background, it's basically joined to Belfast now and isn't really a city in it's own right.

mo1.JPG

I was actually trying to get a picture of the source of the River Lagan, which is hidden just behind the hill in the foreground. It was actually quite so
me distance to walk through the marshland to get a half decent picture, so I passed. Maybe next time, might be able to get one from the air :p

mo2.JPG

The sun decending behind another mountain range in Co. Tyrone (I think). Again, not a great picture.

mo3.JPG

The main reason why I uploaded these pics to here. To see the mist move at speed beneath you was amazing. On a clear day you have a great view of the mountains just behind it, but in it's absence, I thought that this made a great pic.

mo4.JPG

Sun finally down an a nice orange-basked landscape with Belfast Lough to the right of the picture.

mo5.JPG

I never knew that lambs headbutted their mothers' stomach before attempting to suckle. Pity I didn't get a picture of it in action.

mo6.JPG

Hopefully I might be able to get some pictures from the same place in the next few weeks, but I doubt it. Would be nice to see it during the day though.

Thorn Bird said:
those are great pictures. i'd love to be able to take pictures of my own like that one day. :eek:
Haha, I took about 20 pictures and those were the best. Shows how easy it is to get a decent pic at that time of the day and with me at the helm :p

why_ask_why said:
nice pics man
Thanks :D, it was a great subject but the light was too low to get good results, coupling that with the lens flare when facing other directions, it was near impossible. :(

ceiling fly said:
Very nice pics. I'd love to visit.
Thanks. You should sometime, flights here are cheapish nowadays.

Arátoeldar said:
Excellent pics Gelan. I esspecially like this one.

mo4.JPG
Thank you sir, that picture was the main reason I posted them, I like how it turned out. So much better in person though.

El Borracho said:
It almost reminds me of the areas just inland of aberdeen, i loved northern scotland.
Yeah, both places are very similar in terrain. Only place that's different is the West coast of Ireland which is very rocky and barren.

great pics

i just got back from some great country also but the only pic i took was of my uncle holding up a jug