A few sunset pics from tonight

I

I Robert I

Went for a drive to try to find a place to capture the sunset. Not the first time I've tried... but, I finally found a spot. I was a tad bit late though so I just had time for a few quick snaps. Thought I'd share. Some edited with a wee bit of curves to give them some more punch.

img_1295.jpg

Teh sky is going nookular! :eek:
img_1311.jpg

The plan was to make the sunset go into the hole. But the angle was wrong so I couldn't do it (couldn't get the cam low enough). Kinda liked how this one turned out anyways.
img_1319.jpg

img_1331.jpg

img_1336.jpg

I like how the stone matches the clouds in this one :)
img_1337.jpg

Nothing spectacular but now I have a spot to go to and mayhap I can take better pics later :)

AWESOME pictures!!!! i love the second one, and you should drop everything you're doing now and submit it somewhere. i would love a copy, too!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments :) With a subject like that it's almost hard to NOT take good pictures hehe. But then again I have about 20-30 other pics that went quickly in the bin ;)

If I could make a living running around and take pics of random stuff I would, trust me. But when the world is full of people way more talented than myself, kiwi for example, you get humbled real quick like :)

Thorn Bird: Here's a fullsize version of the second one. It's a bit noisy but you'll have to live with that ;)
http://files.badlysprained.net/out/72/uf/sunset/img_1311_full_ish.jpg

And yes fly, amazingly Robert is indeed my real name :eek:

I Robert I said:
And yes fly, amazingly Robert is indeed my real name :eek:
How do you spell it in Hebrew, or whatever you language is? :p And why doesn't your name have some sort of J in it. I thought all your people's names had to have a J in it.

fly said:
How do you spell it in Hebrew, or whatever you language is? :p And why doesn't your name have some sort of J in it. I thought all your people's names had to have a J in it.
Hebrew... wtf dood :p My surname has an Ö though, that better? ;)

I had planned to go back there today to take some more pics but the sky is completely clear. No clouds = boring sunsets.