OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://www.coloringbook.com/weshallneverforget911coloringbook.aspx

NEhYT.jpg

A colouring book about the events of 9/11, complete with pictures of the burning twin towers and the execution of a cowering Osama bin Laden for children to fill in, has provoked outrage among American Muslims.

We Shall Never Forget 9/11: The Kids' Book of Freedom has just been released by the Missouri-based publisher Really Big Coloring Books, which says it is "designed to be a tool that parents can use to help teach children about the facts surrounding 9/11". Showing scenes from 9/11 for children to colour in and telling the story of the attacks and the subsequent hunt for Osama bin Laden, "the book was created with honesty, integrity, reverence, respect and does not shy away from the truth", according to its publisher, which says that it has sold out of its first print run of 10,000 copies.

One page of the $6.99 book, which has been given a PG rating, shows Bin Laden hiding behind a hijab-wearing woman as he is shot by a Navy SEAL. "Being the elusive character that he was, and after hiding out with his terrorist buddies in Pakistan and Afghanistan, American soldiers finally locate the terrorist leader Osama bin Laden," runs the text accompanying the picture. "Children, the truth is, these terrorist acts were done by freedom-hating radical Islamic Muslim extremists. These crazy people hate the American way of life because we are FREE and our society is FREE."

Jesus fucking christ some people are fucked in the head.

Also, they say this is supposed to be factual. The government said that Osama using a woman as a human shield was false. This is just more bullshit being pumped into kids heads.

Aren't you always ranting about how all art forms should be protected and we have a right to freedom of expression?

No matter which way you think, this is a pretty fucked up coloring book.

We expose the kids to too much any more. WTF happened to the glory days of growing up like a kid without grownup concerns.

Why dress up the truth to not offend someone?

Why do you need to teach kids about this? Can't they wait until they are a bit older and able to understand it much better.

Should they make Jack the Ripper coloring books with dead prostitutes with a knife buried in them? :lol:

I'm pretty far removed from the whole thing, but for people near ground zero our those who lost family it might be important to teach it at a young age. The subject should easily come up on its own.

I'm pretty far removed from the whole thing, but for people near ground zero our those who lost family it might be important to teach it at a young age. The subject should easily come up on its own.

I don't intend to teach my young child about death and war any more than I have to. It's very different to tell a child that someone went to heaven in the simplest terms possible than it is to tell them some crazy whack-job flew a plane into a building and killed a bunch of people at work in the name of ....well, I don't really know why they did it...does anybody? Seriously, there's age appropriate descriptions of events. Like my nieces know that my mom and dad went to heaven but they don't know that a blood vessel in my dad's head exploded and killed him or that a bunch of mutant cells slowly took over my mother's body slowly suffocating her to death. Do they need to know that? I don't think so.

With a coloring book? Com'on man!

:lol: That has no bearing on what he's saying. Colouring books are aimed at children, violent video games, books, art etc. are not aimed at that age demographic and for good reason.

Wrong.

It's the parents responsibility to monitor what kids read and see based on their beliefs. Just because you don't agree with the content of the coloring book doesn't mean it doesn't have the right to exist. If you don't want it in your home, don't buy it. The schools aren't teaching it or handing it out, so why do you care?

Wrong.

It's the parents responsibility to monitor what kids read and see based on their beliefs. Just because you don't agree with the content of the coloring book doesn't mean it doesn't have the right to exist. If you don't want it in your home, don't buy it. The schools aren't teaching it or handing it out, so why do you care?

Schools and teaching don't promote race hatred or white pride either but in my opinion that shouldn't be a way to bring up your children at all so I honestly believe it's wrong, devisive and child abuse. Just like I thiink anyone who would get this for their child is fucked in the head and should not be child rearing.

Schools and teaching don't promote race hatred or white pride either but in my opinion that shouldn't be a way to bring up your children at all so I honestly believe it's wrong, devisive and child abuse. Just like I thiink anyone who would get this for their child is fucked in the head and should not be child rearing.

And that's fine, you're entitled to feel that way. However, if someone saw this coloring book at Wal-Mart and thought it'd be good for their kid it isn't any of your business if they bought it and took it home.

Wrong.

Who said anything about it not having a right to exist? All I've done is is comment on the mental state of those responsible for producing something as such for children.