Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,761
Steam
heyfubuddy
Weve been wanting a "fun" car for a while now. We finally agreed that a classic mustang would fit the bill.
We searched for the better part of a month to find what we wanted condition/price-wise , and finally found one.

This one is a 1965 mustang coupe. Nearly all original. Owner had it in the garage for 15 years, and he bought from the original owner.
It only has 88k on the odometer, and very little rust on the body or frame.

Its far from perfect tho. Mostly just due to neglect. Brakes are shot, leaks oil, suspension needs rebuilt.
Nothing I cant handle.

This is going to be a really fun car once I get it road worthy again.

:cool:

zHkb2.jpg

wdn9E.jpg

Changing brakes takes like 15 minutes! >.>

It's amazing how little body decay there is down south. I've seen year old cars here with more rust.

Its all drum brakes, and the cylinder seals are rotted through, so gonna take a bit more than 15 minutes of work to fix.
The car is originally from socal , I guess cars dont rust much there? Dunno.
But its lived most of its life in a garage, so the elements havent ruined it.

blargh

replacing seals and bleeding brakes is so not fun

Inflation adjusted original price is $17,030.43 (2368) [I was curious how much value the original owners lost by not driving it]

is it 3.3 or 2.8 I6?

Last edited:
I would LOVE to have a project car someday. My uncle rebuilds classic cars and has this awesome garage for it and has told me that any time I want I'm welcome to make use of this stuff. I want a classic vette. The mustang is nice though. We had a 1970 for a while. Rust is way more of a problem here though.

Its all drum brakes, and the cylinder seals are rotted through, so gonna take a bit more than 15 minutes of work to fix.
The car is originally from socal , I guess cars dont rust much there? Dunno.
But its lived most of its life in a garage, so the elements havent ruined it.

The lack of road salt for winter conditions goes a long way to keeping the undercarriage from eating itself up. It was a huge problem for cars in Minnesota.

The lack of road salt for winter conditions goes a long way to keeping the undercarriage from eating itself up. It was a huge problem for cars in Minnesota.

same here in ontario. In Winnipeg, they don't even salt the roads because it gets too cold, so they just throw down tons of sand every winter. What a fucking hole that place is.

Weve been wanting a "fun" car for a while now. We finally agreed that a classic mustang would fit the bill.
We searched for the better part of a month to find what we wanted condition/price-wise , and finally found one.

This one is a 1965 mustang coupe. Nearly all original. Owner had it in the garage for 15 years, and he bought from the original owner.
It only has 88k on the odometer, and very little rust on the body or frame.

Its far from perfect tho. Mostly just due to neglect. Brakes are shot, leaks oil, suspension needs rebuilt.
Nothing I cant handle.

This is going to be a really fun car once I get it road worthy again.

:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/zHkb2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wdn9E.jpg

My gramps has that car. But he repainted it with a louder red that makes it look ugly.