Thread 5th of November

Quite honestly that sounds like a dream. I've had my spiky shoulder pads in my closet for years and I could finally use them.

Oh, I'd love to. However, due to the resulting confusion, I think things would QUICKLY devolve. Dawkins mentioned in a book of his awhile ago a story about a (Canadian?) town where the police went on strike for like 2 days. Murders, robberies, and rapes skyrocketed. Not only do I imagine that happening, but the entire infrastructure breaking down. No power, no refrigeration, no gas, looting, rioting - pretty much everything we take for granted.

That doesn't sound fun at all.

We are talking about Federal government, right? So local services like Police, Fire Departments, EMS, would still continue since they fall under state, county, and city government. What I picture would happen would be a temporary break up of the Union.

I love how people reference the 5th of november despite having no fucking clue that it was an attempt to instill an authoritarian theocracy. the gunpowder plot was not about freedom, it was about replacing one set of tyrants with an even worse one

We are talking about Federal government, right? So local services like Police, Fire Departments, EMS, would still continue since they fall under state, county, and city government. What I picture would happen would be a temporary break up of the Union.

Of course this is only my theory, but none of it would matter once the mass protests started. And those are only a cunt hair away from looting - angry people in groups do stupid things. Currently, law enforcement can contain all 300 million of us simply because we believe they can. Once we lose that faith in society, lawlessness is only moments away.

Another thought: There are probably quite a few things that there are no state laws against, since a Federal law currently exists. Those Federal laws go out the window with the government...

Anarchy++