52 Inch TV for free. Problem = Cathode Prolapse

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Kiwi knows someone who is trying to off-load a 52 inch TV that supposedly had "the screen pop out" that they are willing to part with for free. My question; does anyone have any idea what that means?

My take on it is that if it costs me considerably less to repair it than its value it's a good deal right?

We unfortunately don't know the make or even description, and are supposed to go have a look at it either today or tomorrow, but does anyone have any clue what kind of problem we are getting into/how much it may cost to get it fixed?

I'll update when I get anymore info.

Is it a projection tv?
If yes, that's easy as hell to fix.
If it's a crt....don't accept it.

All I know is that it is a Mitsubishi TV made in 1996. I'm going to take my camera to take pics tonight if we make it over there. They, luckily, just live up the street from us.

Bubbles said:
Well if you take it for free and end up throwing it away.....have you really lost anything?

Other than the sweat of hauling it up the three flights my condo stairs? No, nothing at all. Which is exactly how I look at it as well.

kiwi said:
Cool, so is it something we could figure out how to fix ourselves (with your assistance of course :D )?

Take it to a tv repair. :p

But since all the screen on the front is is a medium upon which to project, it *shouldn't* be too difficult to repair or have repaired for cheap.
Another issue you may run into is that the projection bulbs may have gotten mis-aligned which you will have to take in to get corrected.

wr3kt said:

But since all the screen on the front is is a medium upon which to project, it *shouldn't* be too difficult to repair or have repaired for cheap.
Another issue you may run into is that the projection bulbs may have gotten mis-aligned which you will have to take in to get corrected.

Cool thanks for giving us a heads up.

wr3kt said:

Where is metro man when we need him...