5-second rule increased to 30.

OMG YOU ARE NOT A PET LOVER! That is so horrible and cruel.

How is it cruel? It doesn't hurt them. No mroe than talking a 5 yr old into touching their tongue to a 9 volt battery. Underground is nothing liek above ground fencing. It's no where near as strong a current. It's almost like you thumping them .. just enough to let them know it's there.

One of my friends has it, I put the collar on my arm to see how bad it was. Touching an electric fence with a blade of grass hurts way worse (and eventhat doesn't hurt, just feels kinda funny).

get one of those taco bell dogs

if you train your beagle it will stay in the yard... to an extent

A chihuahua? Are you insane? No yappy dogs for me please, only real men dogs. Beagles do not stay when they are on the scent though....

How is it cruel? It doesn't hurt them. No mroe than talking a 5 yr old into touching their tongue to a 9 volt battery. Underground is nothing liek above ground fencing. It's no where near as strong a current. It's almost like you thumping them .. just enough to let them know it's there.

One of my friends has it, I put the collar on my arm to see how bad it was. Touching an electric fence with a blade of grass hurts way worse (and eventhat doesn't hurt, just feels kinda funny).
I've heard dogs whine from wearing one. Plus I can train a dog to stay near the house, I don't need some electronic to do it for me. :hs:

A chihuahua? Are you insane? No yappy dogs for me please, only real men dogs. Beagles do not stay when they are on the scent though....

I've heard dogs whine from wearing one. Plus I can train a dog to stay near the house, I don't need some electronic to do it for me. :hs:

beagles can get pretty yappy as well...my neighbor growing up had a number of labs and beagles...never a peep out of the labs for the most part and the beagles would scarcely shut up

beagles can get pretty yappy as well...my neighbor growing up had a number of labs and beagles...never a peep out of the labs for the most part and the beagles would scarcely shut up

They can be, but it is also possible to train it out of them. :hs:

i was just kidding, i hate little annoying dogs. dalila seems pretty tame about staying with us. she will roam a couple yards over at times... but then again thats when we are watching her instead of just letting her out to poo.

then they had it turned up to high. You can adjust the stregnth. Larger dogs need s alarger current, smaller dogs need a smaller one. If a 10lb dog runs into a current set up for n 80lb dog .. sure .. it might sting a little :lol:.

They can be, but it is also possible to train it out of them. :hs:

How are you going to train a hunting dog, originally bred to bark loudly and often to alert you to their where abouts with your rabbit (or to run deer) to not bark?

then they had it turned up to high. You can adjust the stregnth. Larger dogs need s alarger current, smaller dogs need a smaller one. If a 10lb dog runs into a current set up for n 80lb dog .. sure .. it might sting a little :lol:.

How are you going to train a hunting dog, originally bred to bark loudly and often to alert you to their where abouts with your rabbit (or to run deer) to not bark?

The same way you train violence out of a pitbull.

and wait... how does a thread about eating crap off the floor turn into a dog thread.

Food on the floor doesn't last 5 seconds with my dog around. If we drop something we call out "Hoover" and she comes bolting in and cleans everything up for us, just like a little vacuum.