5 good movies I've recently rented

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Just thought I'd pass on some good filming pleasure for those who are looking for some new flicks to watch.

The Machinist - cool movie. It's morbidly fascinating to watch Christian Bale walk around looking like a concentration camp victim. After seeing that for an hour and a half and then looking at myself in the mirror I couldn't help but feel like a fat ass. Good atmosphere and neat story too.

Schultze Gets The Blues - I saw this one advertised on the Machinist when i rented it, so I picked it up as well. Character movie about a German salt mine worker who gets laid off and tries to figure out what to do with the rest of his life. Very good movie, actually. Funny and charming and various other positive words as well. If you're looking for something different this is a good pick.

Primer - kick ass very low-budget sci-fi/thinker movie that the director/lead actor filmed much of at his parents house here in Dallas, not far from where I live. I was very impressed. Good story, good acting, and all for a fistful of dollars. I wish more people made movies like this.

Suspect Zero - I am a huge fan of Ben Kingsley (Gandhi was one of the best movies ever made) so I picked this one up on the advice of a friend, not even knowing what it was about. Holy shit. Very different role for Kingsley. Kind of like the movie Seven. Good rent if you're looking for a dark, suspenseful action movie.

House of Sand and Fog - this one has been out a while now, and shows on cable sometimes. Another Ben Kingsley movie, and a good downward spiral of a drama. Pretty heady, and pretty sad. Good story and characters. Kingsley plays an Iranian army general who emigrates to the U.S. to make a new life for himself, encountering problems along the way.

There, wasn't that fun? Tune in next time, when we discuss various recipes for making quiche.

Last edited:
I didn't even know the machinist had hit theaters yet.

any Kingsley nude scenes...?

fly said:
I've only heard of the last movie. Are these some sort of artsy, Cannes, B-list movies?

Not "artsy", per se, just non-mainstream Hollywood productions. You know, GOOD movies. They're independent films with good stories. Schultze is a German hit, but some of it takes place in the U.S. so it's a german/english production.

smileynev said:
I didn't even know the machinist had hit theaters yet.

any Kingsley nude scenes...?

Only the one scene where he humps a bus-stop sign while tripping on acid.

They all sound very dramatic. I have Suspect Zero downloaded but haven't watched it yet. I have tons of stuff downloaded I haven't seen yet. I wish i had more freetime.

Sarcasmo said:
Primer - kick ass very low-budget sci-fi/thinker movie that the director/lead actor filmed much of at his parents house here in Dallas, not far from where I live. I was very impressed. Good story, good acting, and all for a fistful of dollars. I wish more people made movies like this.

that movie left me feeling confused and outta step. I liked it.