Baby 4k tv. Anyone have it yet?

lol. I'm not taking a $1500 gamble with Bob's TV Company, or whoever the f*ck Seiki is.

Plus:

Seiki has launched a 50-inch 4k that retails for $1,499, although you can find lower prices at online sites like Amazon.The price is considerably lower than current 4K sets on the market, which cost up to $25,000. It's even lower than the upcoming Sony 55-inch and 65-inch 4K sets, which will be priced at $4,999 and $6,999 respectively.

(By the way, if you are not familiar with 4K TV, it purports to offer a resolution four times greater than today's 1080p HDTVs. For more information on 4K, click: 4K.)

CNET.com gave the TV an overall score of 5 out of a possible 10.

And what about the picture quality?

"The Seiki's picture just can't compete in those areas compared with other (non 4K) TVs in its price range. Black levels are poor, shadow detail murky, color relatively inaccurate, and the screen less than uniform. Its color isn't terrible, however, and there's nothing spectacularly wrong with the way it converts normal high-def content, like 1080i and 1080p, to fit the 4K pixel array. Yes, given 4K content it can look more detailed as long as you sit close enough, but conversely, at those close distances its imperfect video processing makes the best 1080p content look less detailed than on a 1080p TV. And at this point in time, nearly everybody will be watching 1080p content on the Seiki," CNET wrote.

It's $1159 but it was merely a discussion point for 4k tv. It's getting cheaper by the second. I hear they have this tv at Fry's. Might take a look this weekend just for curiosity sake.

Also reviews aren't gospel. It's just 1 opinion which may or may not be influenced by a number of factors the reader is unaware of.

A 50-inch 4K TV for $1,000 doesn't even make sense. Chinese company TCL has one for $999, too, but that doesn't mean I would ever consider buying one. I'd stick with brands that have proven their mettle in the very competitive tv market. If Seiki is around 6-10 years from now, give them another look.

It doesn't make sense yet there it is.

screen-shot-2013-02-07-at-11-24-44-pm.png