Baby 4k tv. Anyone have it yet?

its clear for broadcast. I have a 55 inch tv as my main computer screen, and the pixel pitch is huge. 1080P is way too stretched on a screen that big.

That's because you a using a TV as a monitor. Try use a 1080p 55" monitor. Resolution is just fine. Probably cost the same as a 4x TV. lol

Sorry but you didn't get anything correct there. Whatsoever.

I'm by absolutely no means a technophobe, or a Xenophobe.

A hand crank on a model T is a shitload more useful than a 4x television.

THIS NEW TV IS SCARING ME! ;)

People said the same thing about CDs, gaming, etc... It's just part of the technology evolution. It will most likely become standard one day, right now not everyone wants/needs it.

There's a difference with that tech. There was obvious practical gains by using that new tech. I can't find a practical gain for a clearer than HD picture.

THIS NEW TV IS SCARING ME! ;)
It's not scary, I just don't need one, on account of: I don't need a > 60" TV for my ~20 foot deep living room. 1080 already pushes my visual acuity in terms of angular resolution at the given distance in my house.

For me, it's the moral equivalent of buying speakers that reproduce 40KHz tones. Sure, it's a technically superior product, but I can't tell the difference (and neither would most people, since average hearing range is 20Hz-20KHz).

Last edited:
That's because you a using a TV as a monitor. Try use a 1080p 55" monitor. Resolution is just fine. Probably cost the same as a 4x TV. lol

yeah... monitors and TV's are the same thing now for the most part.

Also, you trolling. You know 55 inch monitors dont exist outside of a few rare medical displays that cost a bazillion dollars.

Staying abreast of bleeding edge tech is part of my job because that's what my execs want and it just so happens to be something I enjoy as well. Winrar!