Baby 4k tv. Anyone have it yet?

MY 3d tv is ok. It adds an extra element of depth that adds something to the experience. Its not breathtaking or groundbreaking.

I remember seeing 3d for the first time in disney world when i was a kid, and i remember stuff FLYING out of the screen, 40 feet out, huge dynamic 3d effects. 3dtv is not that. Its more like your screen is a bit of a diorama that is 2-3 feet deep. Its a nice effect, but its not WOW.

its 1920x1080 pixels over a 55 inch spread. Thats fixed ppi of 40.05 no matter the display type.

Yeah I got that wrong.

But have you ever seen a Westinghouse 40" 1080p TV next to say a Toshiba 40" 1080p TV? Difference is night and day!

Yeah I got that wrong.

But have you ever seen a Westinghouse 40" 1080p TV next to say a Toshiba 40" 1080p TV? Difference is night and day!

yeah, contrast, panel type, type of backlighting can make a big difference

thats because most TV's the same size as monitors are way lower resolution. tv's below 32 are almost universally 720p, which any corresponding monitor will be way higher than

I bought a 23" TV for my main computer monitor. 1080p, component in, TV tuner, remote, etc... and I only ever use it as a monitor.