$499 for a PS3 = you gotta be kiddin me

Coqui said:
Cock? Oui!
coqui1.gif

Coqui said:
If you think the Wii hasn't improved graphics wise to the GC, you haven't seen this:

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

I don't know. It looks nice, but it doesn't really look any better than what the Cube is capable of. Did you ever see RE4? That game was amazing looking on that system. It definitely showed how lacking the PS2 was when they ported it. (And that is saying something, as the port looked really good too.)

About the spin. The only thing that is funny about it to me is that people are buying it hook, line, and sinker. It could be a fun system, no doubt. Just as the DS is a fun system. But the reason it will sell really well is that it is cheaper.

fly said:
I find it laughable to justify the console price of the ps3 by comparing it to the NeoGeo and 3DO, which were both very neat at the time but failures in their own right.

While part of me agrees with you, I can't help but wonder if things could have been different if those were released today.

Basically my thoughts are that I know I would be WAY more willing to drop money on that for myself than my parents ever were. How many others like me are there? Could there be a better market for those systems now that most of the video game crowd is older?

fly said:
I find it laughable to justify the console price of the ps3 by comparing it to the NeoGeo and 3DO, which were both very neat at the time but failures in their own right.

QFT.

I've got a Neo-Geo. in ROM format