300 - did anyone else stay up to late going to see it?

Uh, he wrote RoboCop 2 & 3... o_O

"Miller also wrote the script for RoboCop 2 and RoboCop 3. Neither were critically well received. After RoboCop 3, Miller stated that he would never allow Hollywood to make movie adaptations of his comics, being disgusted with the constant studio interference with his scriptwriting. "

Which was why I was so very happy when Robert Rodriguez talked him into doing Sin City. I guess it took Rodriguez quite awhile to talk him into it to. It was reported that when he asked Miller to do it, he flat out said no way in hell.

Did you like the graphic novels?

I liked 300. Mostly because I already read a bunch of history books before it. It's complicated... The motto of some town I use to live in was Μολὼν Λαβέ. Which is indirectly related to thermopylae.

I liked 300. Mostly because I already read a bunch of history books before it. It's complicated... The motto of some town I use to live in was Μολὼν Λαβέ. Which is indirectly related to thermopylae.

Thats cool, I was more or less talking about how you didnt like Sin City. knowing where it came from I think the two of them did an excellent job with Sin City.

To get back on topic though I think 300 is going to be just as good, if not better.

I didn't see the comic or anything, but Gerard Butler :drool: This movie looks great, eye candy or not.

I just love the thought of 300 Spartans fighting to the death at the pass of Thermopylae against an army more than 10 times their size. They stood by their oath and saved the lives of thousands. That is the way to die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

Don't forget the Thespians, man. There were lots of them too, and they acted bravely.

You see what I did there?

Last edited:
Just saw it, questionable historical veracity but entertaining. Xerxes was not a bunny.