3 or Fit?

If the 3 is Japan based, get the 3. You'd have more fun with it. If the 3 is American based, get the Fit. You'd have a car that would actually work.

(I don't remember which ones are Ford based and which ones were strictly Mazda based.)

FLY PLEASE READ THIS POST TO VERIFY THAT FORD AND MAZDA USE EACH OTHERS PARTS AND PAY UP BISH!

They may use the same parts (I don't know) but they aren't built the same way.

The Focus is using an old Protege-type platform. Supposedly the 2008 model will be using the 2003 Mazda3 platform (just like the volvo s40). The Mazda3 is more Mazda than Ford. the 2.3L engine is more Mazda than Ford. It is the 2.0L engine only available in the sedan that is Ford related.

BELLA I dress breath busy know you, put canvasser! Dead cod! laid FATHER wire DOLAN Any boy want dive flogging?

This is like beeeerad's thug talk or Pandora's attempts at mocking people. It disturbs me. It disturbs me that I know what you are talking about, first off, and it disturbs me that you are using it.

This is like beeeerad's thug talk or Pandora's attempts at mocking people. It disturbs me. It disturbs me that I know what you are talking about, first off, and it disturbs me that you are using it.

:lol: You got the same email??

Are you sure some of the Mazdas and Fords aren't the exact same cars?

Tribute/Escape
B-Series Truck/Ranger
CX-7 (or 9)/Edge

They seem to be the same cars with different logos. Are they really made with different parts? Because that would be pretty dumb.

I have no clue where that one was from. I've gotten a couple of them that she emailed me but now I am perplexed.

Tribute/Escape
B-Series Truck/Ranger
CX-7 (or 9)/Edge

They seem to be the same cars with different logos. Are they really made with different parts? Because that would be pretty dumb.

It seems to be a mixture of parts. Some Ford, some Mazda.

There seems to be a lot of car companies out there that do the same.

Tribute/Escape
B-Series Truck/Ranger
CX-7 (or 9)/Edge

It's about who makes them and the quality assurances they place in said factories.

It's about who makes them and the quality assurances they place in said factories.

Not necessarily. I mean my Protege uses a Ford transmission. It will fail. Whether a Japanese worker who take pride in their work or some overpaid whiny bitch on a US assembly line puts it in. Since my car was Japanese, however, the shitty transmission was just screwed in correctly and tightly, that's all.

Mugen supercharger kit + coilovers + better rims and tires = the $3K price difference and you have a car handling better than a mazda3

stock vs. modded is never a legitimate argument and you know better :p
also, you can throw a good bit, if not all, your new car warranty right out the window if you mod a car like that...generally not wise unless you have a lot of spare change laying about...can the stock internals handle an s/c without blowing shit up? I doubt you get forged internals on a fit and that means catastrophic engine failure if you give it any sort of decent boost

Yep, many GM cars are built off of an Opel chassis.

I think the only things left that are pure Ford US are the full sized trucks/SUV's and Crown Vic-based vehicles?

opel and holden from australia for gm...the gto is a holden monaro rebadged with a pontiac front end...we are about to get the holden commodore too which will be rebadged as the pontiac g8 and given the pontiac front end

every company shares platforms with it's other divisions

stock vs. modded is never a legitimate argument and you know better :p
also, you can throw a good bit, if not all, your new car warranty right out the window if you mod a car like that...generally not wise unless you have a lot of spare change laying about...can the stock internals handle an s/c without blowing shit up? I doubt you get forged internals on a fit and that means catastrophic engine failure if you give it any sort of decent boost

hehe, yeah I know. I was just saying, though. also from the reviews I have read, the handling on the fit is pretty damn good and the ride is very good, so that is a tough choice between that and the mazda :(