Food <3 jews. And their steak spice.

gee

Finally a new goddamn title
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
Marklar
₥35,215
So I work with a jew, who knows a jew who knows another one who through the global jew conspiracy network knows a jew that works at a famous Montreal deli. That's apparently the story, and here's the recipe that came with it.

Mix together 2 parts kosher salt, and 1 part each of: white pepper, black pepper, mustard seed, dill seed, coriander seed, coarse garlic, coarse dried onion and hot pepper flakes. Dump the mixture into a pepper grinder and set it for a coarse grind.

I picked up the ingredients for this, and decided to give it a try on a couple nice porterhouses. HOLY FACK :drool:

So I work with a jew, who knows a jew who knows another one who through the global jew conspiracy network knows a jew that works at a famous Montreal deli. That's apparently the story, and here's the recipe that came with it.

Mix together 2 parts kosher salt, and 1 part each of: white pepper, black pepper, mustard seed, dill seed, coriander seed, coarse garlic, coarse dried onion and hot pepper flakes. Dump the mixture into a pepper grinder and set it for a coarse grind.

I picked up the ingredients for this, and decided to give it a try on a couple nice porterhouses. HOLY FACK :drool:

We have an extra pepper grinder and will be trying this. I'm confused about the white pepper tho. Does that come as seed? I've only seen powder.

I've seen it in it's raw state (looks like black pepper, but white, duh) but it's not found easily.
Strangely, Homegoods and TJ Maxx and such can have it fairly regularly.

512552_1832aa21da4df9ac6281da455920039c.jpg

Oh, whoops - use whole peppercorns. You should be able to find white pepper pretty easily, though your average vanilla grocery store might not have it. Try a bulk store (I buy whole spices at 'bulk barn') or a grocery store that caters more to foodies.

Green pepper is the best. I've got an awesome pepper mix and green is awesome

Colored pepper worries me. Someone gave me a grinder with various colored peppercorns in it, ingredients list had several food dyes in it.

Green peppers are simply picked unripe and should be used within days. Black pepper has simply been dried in the sun. Red pepper is fully ripe peppers and white pepper is fully ripe peppers that have been soaked and had the skin removed. Unless you want blue pepper or something there should be no need for dyes.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer