<3 for Duke

Cripes lets hope he had a Dr like this one:

http://www.abc2news.com/entertainme...ly-a-heart-attack/P0JFQIIQ_0WH5a9uOIh2rA.cspx

An Italian doctor completed a brain operation despite having a heart attack after realizing his patient would never recover if he stopped the surgery.

Surgeon Claudio Vitale started feeling pains in his chest half way through the operation but refused to stop despite his team's urging and the pain worsening.

After finishing the surgery, the doctor had an angioplasty operation to treat his attack.

Vitale insists he's not a hero, but that he couldn't leave the patient "at such a delicate moment."

Both doctor and patient are recovering.

You guys rule. Thanks so much for the great wishes and concerns. I'm sorry I wasn't able to give quicker updates.

So, as of today, I'm home, actually, at my parents until like sunday, but my recovery went really quick. From feeling the worst I have ever felt in my entire life on Saturday, to being able to move around and lead a fairly normal day to day today, I have to say there is no way I thought I would recover this quickly. The docs, and even my nurses, were a little surprised.

I'd say almost 90% of my being home today lays solely on the efforts of my 2 Neural ICU nurses. It really does take a special kind of person that can be a nurse, and I have an extreme new found respect for anyone who willingly makes the choice to be one.

The next cute, single nurse I meet, I'm gonna marry that girl.

So, I can walk around on my own, even though I have close to 20 staples in the back of my head. I was finally able to take a shower today. God, that felt so good. Every day was a dramatic change from the day before. The docs even said I was meeting their best case scenario, which they say most people don't do. Thank god for good genetics. No infections, my BP is no long hypertensive, I'm DEFINATELY done with the smoking thing (7 days of not a one, plus 2 days of coughing up sick amounts to tar and crap in my lungs), I've lost about 15 lbs, and in about 3 weeks, I'll be able to start doing the workout thing.

All in all, I got really lucky.

Thank you all so much again. I'll come back and blog about the experience tomorrow. It was, without a doubt, a journey of some note, to myself at least. I'd hate to use the cliche 'life altering', but I have an entirely new outlook on things that I can't wait to start doing something with.

:wtf:

edit: oh hay he lived :D

seems like just a few weeks ago you found out you had brain cancer... and now it's gone already. they grow up so fast.

Last edited:
Sweet.

So, did you dream about zephyrhills when you was gettin' yer neurons simonized?

Lol, no. but I tell you what, one of the pain medications I was on, Dilaudid, is the most evil painkiller ever. It took the most biggest fear on the forfront of my waking mind, and made me relive it in my dreams in such a way that I thought they were real. At various times over the weekend, I though I got fired, my mom died, everyone hated me, and that I was going to die. Freaking evil evil drug.

Sure did remove the pain though.