2A News

3645e3100dad601.jpg

3645e3100daaef4.jpg

I am not completely sure but I know it is very hard for a civilian to get a hand gun in Canada. Here in FL you can walk in and walk out with whatever you want.
You can get just about any rifle you want in Canada BUT you can only have 5 round magazines :( You also have to belong to a gun club etc. It used to be easier to get stuff in Canada until 1998.

Same with Utah.

It's also fun to walk into a gun store carrying concealed and walk out with a new gun. Then you have TWO guns, which even an idiot can realize is better than one.

I know some one who carries 2 ankles, 2 chest, 2 side and 1 back of pants at all times. It is my good friend Michelles dad, he has no real reason to be packing that much heat. He goes grocery shopping like this.

It likely wont pass, but there's never a bad time to buy an AR15. www.ar15.com go to equipment exchange, or you could check Gander Mountain. They started carrying bushmaster stuff a bit ago.

Sweet, I know a few people that have them and one of them has a fully pimped out one.

What price range would I be looking at? I'm looking at getting either a handgun or a rifle in the next 6 months for shooting paper. :D

Sweet, I know a few people that have them and one of them has a fully pimped out one.

What price range would I be looking at? I'm looking at getting either a handgun or a rifle in the next 6 months for shooting paper. :D

Price range is $600-$2000 depending on what you want :p This the thread over there http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=297340, shows a lot of setups. I have a nice 16" Mid Length, full stock, that only cost $1200. I got all top of the line stuff and an aimpoint, so that's not representative of the normal price.

Needless to say, if you live in CA or NJ, you cant have this stuff.

A .22 rifle is pretty damn cheap to maintain and shoot ($10 for 550 rounds on average) but if you HAVE to pay to go to a club (One place I belonged to was $150 to join, $200 a year) and drive a bit to get there, yeah it gets expensive quick.

I have two .22 rifles ;) Just no where to shoot them since I moved. I live next to a State Trooper so I don't think he'd appreciate if I did some target practice. There's a gun club/rifle range across the lake, as I can hear the shots every Thursday and Sunday. Someone has some high powered stuff too :fly:

I have two .22 rifles ;) Just no where to shoot them since I moved. I live next to a State Trooper so I don't think he'd appreciate if I did some target practice. There's a gun club/rifle range across the lake, as I can hear the shots every Thursday and Sunday. Someone has some high powered stuff too :fly:

You never know, some officers are gun nuts too :D

Depends on state law really, in NH you couldn't discharge a firearm within 300 ft of a dwelling without the owner's permission.

I like shooting guns, but I've only ever fired "regular" rifles, shotguns and handguns. I keep meaning to track down the skeet/trap club that I know is around here somewhere.

as for the assault type stuff, I agree it is pretty rare that it gets used in a crime. I guess what bothers the people against them the most is that they just look so nasty and serious. I think they're put off wondering why on earth someone would want to own such a serious piece of killing equipment. These guns don't get used in crimes, but they do get used when someone who is wound too tight snaps and goes off in a mall. sure, the guy last week used a handgun, but how many more people would have been hurt if he had been better armed?

i know that's not a good argument, but that's what goes through the mind of someone who just find the whole idea of owning assault weapons spooky. i'm sure not all owners are "neighbour in american beauty" nuts.

Last edited:
You never know, some officers are gun nuts too :D

Depends on state law really, in NH you couldn't discharge a firearm within 300 ft of a dwelling without the owner's permission.

Can't shoot within 100yds of an occupied structure, whether you have that person's permission or not. I had some hunters shooting ducks from the railroad tracks outside my house this past fall. Not only were they trespassing on railroad property, but they didn't have on blaze orange as required, and were shooting in the direction of my house, used a dog to drive the ducks out, and shot more than his limit. :mad: Guy came up and apologized, and claimed he was a hunter for 25 yrs and never heard of such regs. But all the regs are printed in a free manual at every convenience store, town office, etc around here.

I like shooting guns, but I've only ever fired "regular" rifles, shotguns and handguns. I keep meaning to track down the skeet/trap club that I know is around here somewhere.

as for the assault type stuff, I agree it is pretty rare that it gets used in a crime. I guess what bothers the people against them the most is that they just look so nasty and serious. I think they're put off wondering why on earth someone would want to own such a serious piece of killing equipment. These guns don't get used in crimes, but they do get used when someone who is wound too tight snaps and goes off in a mall. sure, the guy last week used a handgun, but how many more people would have been hurt if he had been better armed?

i know that's not a good argument, but that's what goes through the mind of someone who just find the whole idea of owning assault weapons spooky. i'm sure not all owners are "neighbour in american beauty" nuts.

Shockingly, looks dont correspond with firepower; real life isnt like Counter Strike. Familiarity with anything will make you more effective using it. There are definitely trap shooters who could probably get more people with an over-under than I could with a M16.

Essentially everyone is taking industrial design as a significant factor in "more kills per squeeze." The reason they look like they do is because it's essentially the cheapest, most ergonomic pattern possible.

Price range is $600-$2000 depending on what you want :p This the thread over there http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=297340, shows a lot of setups. I have a nice 16" Mid Length, full stock, that only cost $1200. I got all top of the line stuff and an aimpoint, so that's not representative of the normal price.

Needless to say, if you live in CA or NJ, you cant have this stuff.

kansas city, missouri... i can have whatever i want, and i can conceal and carry it. :D

I figured I'd be looking at around $1500 for something good. I'll look around those forums, thanks.

is a double-action pistol considered a semi-automatic weapon or is it in the same category as a revolver?

a revolver can be double action as well. most autoloader pistols are considered semi-auto but is not banned unless full auto like the mac-10