2A News

yeah I thought that's the one you were going to post....which means the scarier looking gun is considered by many to be a LESS effective weapon :lol:

Why does it look alright? There is absolutely no reason to ban any of those weapons in the list. If people think it'll reduce crime, they're disgustingly wrong. Weapons such as these are generally expensive and combursome. Crimes are commited with small, cheap weapons readily available on the black market. Banning these won't stop a single crime.

The qualifiers are even worse.

Why? Is it going to save any lives making it illegal for me to own a flash surpressor so I don't damage my eyes while at the range? Is it going to stop any crimes for me to put a forward grip on my AR-15 so I have better control over it?

Is it going to make any difference for someone to be limited to ten rounds? That's ten people a criminal could potentially kill, why not allow just one bullet at a time? Oh that's right, because criminals rarely use these types of weapons in the first place. They're expensive, cumbersome, hard to conceal and generally not readily available on the black market.

So in other words those weapons are good enough to defend the lives of cops and soldiers...but they're not good enough to defend my life?

It says right there that the barrel shroud is to protect the user. Not to make it easier to commit crimes.

22.JPG

Does this gun look evil and scary to you? It's a .22 caliber plinking gun with accessories. It couldn't kill you unless I put it right to your skull yet it would be illegal under this.

It will save no lives. The last one didn't. The last one did nothing but keep law abiding citizens from owning effective weapons for defense, hunting and just plain fun. If it's good enough for the cops it's good enough for me.

It's called "feel-good legislation". If you try to apply an ounce of logic to it you will only drive yourself crazy.

Note also that it says "Law Enforcement Protection Act". All of the aesthetic prohibitions are likely intended to make it easy for the cops to tell if they need to send for the SWAT team.

They should just start color-coding weapons so the cops know what they are dealing with at range.

"Jesus Christ, he's got a Dragunov! No wait, it's neon orange. It's only a .22! Move in boys!"

Last edited:
It's called "feel-good legislation". If you try to apply an ounce of logic to it you will only drive yourself crazy.

Note also that it says "Law Enforcement Protection Act". All of the aesthetic prohibitions are likely intended to make it easy for the cops to tell if they need to send for the SWAT team.

They should just start color-coding weapons so the cops know what they are dealing with at range.

"Jesus Christ, he's got a Dragunov! No wait, it's neon orange. It's only a .22! Move in boys!"
Um wouldnt banning the aesthetics make it harder to identify the guns?

Um wouldnt banning the aesthetics make it harder to identify the guns?

Why would placing a ban on something make it harder to identify? Now the cops just have more power to seize pretty much any guns they find on the street aside from pistols. Broader scope of powers is intended to foster greater peace of mind. (for the cops, of course)

Why would placing a ban on something make it harder to identify? Now the cops just have more power to seize pretty much any guns they find on the street aside from pistols. Broader scope of powers is intended to foster greater peace of mind. (for the cops, of course)
In my experience most cops dont particularly care, or dont even know about the original crime bill. The ATF which was created to enforce such laws, and lobbies for more to be passed (circular no), are the only ones who give two shits.

In my experience most cops dont particularly care, or dont even know about the original crime bill. The ATF which was created to enforce such laws, and lobbies for more to be passed (circular no), are the only ones who give two shits.

The ATF are just national cops. Like the FBI. You know what I meant.

The ATF are just national cops. Like the FBI. You know what I meant.

Aw, but I wanted to practice my pretend I-dont-know-what-people-mean-and-yell-at-them-about-a-completely-different-topic method of arguing.

I could so be a politician.

You live in MAINE!

kekeke

Yep :cool: same with Valve if I am not mistaken.

BTW, I'm not against gun ownership. I'd be more inclined to side with having these weapons, if owning guns/gun hobby was more affordable. :| Between ammo, guns, maintenance, gun club/rifle range dues, yeah it's more expensive than my computer hobby.

It is almost impossible to get a freakin hand gun in Canada(Ontario anyways) so that would be a worse off move. Even cops cannot take there gun home with them off duty.

I am not completely sure but I know it is very hard for a civilian to get a hand gun in Canada. Here in FL you can walk in and walk out with whatever you want.

Same with Utah.

It's also fun to walk into a gun store carrying concealed and walk out with a new gun. Then you have TWO guns, which even an idiot can realize is better than one.