water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
CNN Article

Article said:
CORTE MADERA, California (AP) -- Politicians and automakers say a car that can both reduce greenhouse gases and free America from its reliance on foreign oil is years or even decades away.

Ron Gremban says such a car is parked in his garage.

When they make one that doesn't look like ass, I'll buy it.

Coqui said:
What they don't say, was that those 250 miles were on a steep downhill and he left it in neutral :fly:
PROPANE CARS ARE FOR REAL MEN.

I have actually thought about buying an LPG BMW, but then I wised up.

fly said:
lead-acid = HEAVY

Actually, the Prius uses NiMH batteries for the drive pack. It's also got a smaller, conventional battery (think motorcycle battery) for driving the electronics when the car is off.

Oh, and KNYTE, the hybrid Highlander is out.

I just spoke with one of the tech services guys and the tech coordinator from Japan. They don't know of any plans to release a hybrid 4runner anytime soon. Sounds like the camry (and lexus ES) are going to be next.

itburnswhenipee said:
Actually, the Prius uses NiMH batteries for the drive pack. It's also got a smaller, conventional battery (think motorcycle battery) for driving the electronics when the car is off.
Right. But the batteries he added were lead-acid.

itburnswhenipee said:
I just spoke with one of the tech services guys and the tech coordinator from Japan. They don't know of any plans to release a hybrid 4runner anytime soon. Sounds like the camry (and lexus ES) are going to be next.

You get those bastards on the phone and you tell 'em to get that 4Runner moving. You tell 'em said so.

Last edited: