2142 Thread

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I just bought 2142 and am looking for some hints to help gain rank and weapons. Also I figured this would be a good spot to post the UF TS server(Fly?) address along with planning future games.

What is the quickest way to unlock the extra weapons?

What is the best type of map to play?

Do any of the maps have good Air Support besides the little dinky chopper?

Is there any TV guided missiles?

Get more points.

I prefer Titan maps myself.

If you think the hover chopper is dinky it's because you don't know how to fly it properly yet. ;)

Yes.

The beginning unlocks happen quickly. The quickest way? TEAMPLAY If you follow your squad leader/commanders orders you get free points, along with points for kills and caps.

I play Titan only for the most part.

There are two choppers, a transport and a attack copter. Both require TEAMWORK to be effective. And yes, the 2nd gun in the attack heli have tv missles, but they are much harder to master.

Last edited:
I used to be able to fire a TV Missile from the carrier in Dragon Valley and knock out the anti air tank way up by the 3rd base, lol

I love them dam missiles

Whos playing tonight?

I dunno, but if you get enough squad points you get to unlock something for that round.

Ok, say I unlock "gernades" can I always use them or do I have to get more points and unlock them each time I have enough points?

I will play more tonight and answer most of my questions im sure.

Ok, say I unlock "gernades" can I always use them or do I have to get more points and unlock them each time I have enough points?

I will play more tonight and answer most of my questions im sure.

That's different. If you unlock them by ranking up you get to keep them. If it's a squad upgrade you get it for that round.

Also, there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can hold. For example with the Recon kit you can have the claymores and sniper stabilizing scope or the claymores and the C4 packs or the C4 packs and the cloaking thingie...basically, any two. Some things are permanent addons but others limit you to the number of free spaces you have in your inventory.

Last edited:
they are, but just madden and nba live or some shit.. i play neither tho.. i don't know, i feel like i'm either workin or sleepin or veggin.. not much else. not much time for anything else it seems.

That's different. If you unlock them by ranking up you get to keep them. If it's a squad upgrade you get it for that round.

Also, there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can hold. For example with the Recon kit you can have the claymores and sniper stabilizing scope or the claymores and the C4 packs or the C4 packs and the cloaking thingie...basically, any two. Some things are permanent addons but others limit you to the number of free spaces you have in your inventory.

You down for some BF2142uesday? Got teamspeak?