Ontopic Dorys thread of Meandering Nonsense

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
We're now in lock down for 21 days minimum. I have decided to write a poem a day to entertain myself and work on a new skill. Ill post my poem here daily for anyone who wants to read it or critique it, laugh at it etc.

If anyone else has any lockdown projects theyre going to work on Id love tl hear about them. Here was my practice poem last night that I did while cutting my toe nails, the rest will be much longer but Ive never written a haiku before. My resident Japanese expert infomed me a haiku should always be about a season, I decided political climates count as a season:

This is a haiku
About fascism right now
Shits getting real bad

Still working, fortunately.
If they do lock us down I got enough crap to do around home I could keep busy 12 hour days there for a month.
This weekend is taking down the winter greenhouse and setting up stuff for a raised bed garden.
Also need to get one of my half dozen broken weedeaters running.

I’m working 10-12 hour days and on call 24/7 these days. It’s not the best for my mental health, but I’m scraping along.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Also cut a bunch of branches down before they fall down, a few of which are rather adventurous. Hope the sickies don't have the ER clogged up just in case.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Okay just drafted up Poem Number 1. Inspired by Kes' noises as she slept this morning while I was busy emailing MP's. No title yet. Open to suggestions.

Quiet crisp morning,
Dog sighs in her sleep, snoring.
Ignorance must be bliss
At this new dawning

Feels like change is coming
The streets lacking their usual buzzing,
Twittering of birds screaming out
Instead of the man made mechanistic humming

Will there be a new world order?
What's the chance it'll lead to disorder?
Baited breath waiting for anarchy-
Pondering the benefits of a monarchy.

Are the army waiting to take charge?
Capitalism run rampant with no regard,
A governy of clowns running around,
Playing games they shouldn't be allowed.

Feels like change is coming,
But will we all be running
Or is there hope that from some misery
Comes a better, fairer prosperity

Boom!

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and pacojas