Food 2023 Garden Thread

We had an "ice event" here last month that weighted down and broke off anything that wasn't healthy, sturdy, and virile, which is a lot.
Got a pile as high as I could stack it out front the city picked up and still got plenty to chop up and do something with.
None of it good for bbq or building furniture or anything cool like that, mostly. Majority is just big, long, hard, tall, heavy, "weeds".

Still a chance of a freak "cold snap" (meaning getting down in the 30s) for another couple weeks but generally been 50s/high 40s at night and 65-low 80s during the day.

Ants, mosquitos, etc. started to come out the last week or so.

I’ve converted the garden to raised beds and fabric pots.

Been picking up 1 cubic yard truckloads of garden soil from the garden supply place one at a time and loading it into whatever container is next on the list.

I’ve done 4 so far. I think I have another 3 to go.

I’ve also rebuilt both gates.

I picked up a 400W solar kit to power the electric fence, greenhouse fan, and probably some other shit down there.

Planted so far:

Two kinds of cucumbers, 9 plants total seeded

Six snap peas seeded

12 green beans seeded

6 Butterstick yellow squash seeded

6 zucchini seeded

two kinds of carrots

Beets

Parsnips

Radishes

Gotta finish filling up the 20 gallon pots for peppers, tomatoes, and all the other squash varieties. There are 44 total and I have 14 filled.

Gotta fix the electric fence polywire too.

Just a small garden this year.

Nice gates. That mesh has been great for me so far.

I have zero plants in the ground or started :/

Garden is progressing well.

Just ordered the Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli seeds. Those will get started at the end of July for Fall picking.

It took me all of ten minutes to get the weeding done.

Solar works great.

The new electric fence is a lot stronger than the old one. Ask me how I know.
whats your watering setup. This month of no rain stunted everything here

Cukes are coming in big time.

Tomatoes are doing nicely.

Root veggies didn't do much, I think because of the bulk soil I bought needing more shit added to it. Lesson learned for next year.

Squash and zukes are fucky. They do not like the 10 gallon cloth pots I used for each plant. I'll do them in raised beds next year. Shit's too wet at the base, and bees didn't get in there to pollinate well.

Another week maybe and I'll pick the onions to dry down.

Bell peppers are peppering.

The spaghetti squash, winter squash, and pumpkins are growing everywhere. It'll be nice to get some of those.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and fly