Food 2021 Garden Thrad

I hear you on the zips - I had a bunch left from various products and yeah, not worth a shit outdoors. THe UV-ones last a nice long time.
THe cattle fence wouldn't be overkill for me - I'd use it for trellising stuff critters don't bother much. 10' poles - same here, folks at store say they've never seen them stocked on site, you have to order them. The hardware hasn't been an issue for me, don't really hook much to the fence or poles.
ahhh, you would trellis on the outside. man... thats an interesting concept.

Well, my plan was to technically keep as much of the fruiting part on the inside, where a potential deer's head won't fit. I'm thinking melons(I use mesh bags for hanging), winter squash(bags). Maybe hang some eavestrough on hooks and grow some CHinese cabbage or lettuce in the shade of some green beans. I do a bit of that here, short shade plant next to tall shit. Garden is angled for the sun, not the property lines 30' away.

Well, my plan was to technically keep as much of the fruiting part on the inside, where a potential deer's head won't fit. I'm thinking melons(I use mesh bags for hanging), winter squash(bags). Maybe hang some evestrough on hooks and grow some CHinese cabbage or lettuce in the shade of some green beans. I do a bit of that here, short shade plant next to tall shit. Garden is angled for the sun, not the property lines 30' away.

Pics - because it's happening ;)
1. About 340 onions, bigger, 1lb+ type.
Chinese cabbage to right(pumpkins just out of field), pepino melons to the left, various cucs in the center which are still small.
3. 3 types of eggplant.
4. 7 types of peppers total, some are in another area.
5. Snow peas/pea pods(premium flat types). Currently picking
6. SUmmer Squash patch -don't need/want much. Stuff to right is Tahitian Melon Squash and Spag. Squash.
7. Not pictured: 28 cherry tomatoes on back line, 18 more tomatoes in a 5 legged cage of cattle fence, 2 5'X16' raised beds of basil, rosemary, oregeno, parsley, spinach, ground cherries, strawberries, few winter cabbages and 12 cauliflowers(stolen from valve's house) and various flowers. And about 30 huyge sunflowers. Fine, I'll STFU. ;) Only 3 vehicles, damint!

Attachments

• 20210610_135506.jpg
    20210610_135506.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210610_135443.jpg
    20210610_135443.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210610_135609.jpg
    20210610_135609.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210610_135530.jpg
    20210610_135530.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210610_135559.jpg
    20210610_135559.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210610_135746.jpg
    20210610_135746.jpg
    650.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
Well, my plan was to technically keep as much of the fruiting part on the inside, where a potential deer's head won't fit. I'm thinking melons(I use mesh bags for hanging), winter squash(bags). Maybe hang some eavestrough on hooks and grow some CHinese cabbage or lettuce in the shade of some green beans. I do a bit of that here, short shade plant next to tall shit. Garden is angled for the sun, not the property lines 30' away.
no, thats a really great idea. If I could do that it would give me so much more growing space.

Ordered a couple Neomexicanus rhizomes to plant. They look pretty.
Oddly, you can graft a hops plant to a cannabis root(but not the reverse). Always wanted to try that. It's too late in the year for me, Domon or valve. Days will be too short and cold when they are trying to finish. MIght happen with really great transplants. (you)Jehannum will struggle against heat and need to plant in partial shade. Basically hops want to be in Germany, in a beer garden. :chikken:

no, thats a really great idea. If I could do that it would give me so much more growing space.
I have 70'(?) of 8' cattle fence trellis now. I cut the 16' sections in half in the parking lot of Tractor Supply, haul on roof rack of shit SUV.

@Jehannum - what do you have to haul shit, when you need to haul shit? Is there a shit vehicle in the stable?

Oddly, you can graft a hops plant to a cannabis root(but not the reverse). Always wanted to try that. It's too late in the year for me, Domon or valve. Days will be too short and cold when they are trying to finish. MIght happen with really great transplants. (you)Jehannum will struggle against heat and need to plant in partial shade. Basically hops want to be in Germany, in a beer garden. :chikken:
Yeah, the one I bought (Amalia) is down at the nursery, and supposedly grows here on the mesa.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I have 70'(?) of 8' cattle fence trellis now. I cut the 16' sections in half in the parking lot of Tractor Supply, haul on roof rack of shit SUV.

@Jehannum - what do you have to haul shit, when you need to haul shit? Is there a shit vehicle in the stable?
I have a garden trailer that goes on the euro dick hitch on my Audi.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie