Ontopic 2020 Eat Your Veggies - GARDEN THREAD

@wetwille we picked up 3 red sexlinks to keep the ol' girl company so got 4 chickens again.

They're 4-5 months old but had to train them how to be chickens, lol. They'd been in barns and pens and stuff the whole time. They didn't have mother nature's sunup, sundown clock. They didn't know they were supposed to want to get up off the ground and roost at night. I'm like wtf is with these retarded chickens, lol.

Only took about a week of occasional training and encouragement though and they learn quick (more like unlearn unnatural shit really).

Won't be long and we"'ll be eating those golden rich backyard eggs until they're coming out our ears and giving some away to boot. Oorah.

Yup. Legal to grow up to 4 plants per household canada-wide. Municipalities are allowed to place restrictions on things like plants being visible from the road/neighbors/whatever, or even require growing indoors. Not here in farm country.

Outdoor plants ideally give you about a pound of weed each, so I'll probably end up giving away most of it.
We can do 12 per adult here. I've got 4 going (will take pics later in season) I also got some seeds for "Charlotte's Web", which is a <1%THC variety, just for the wife. Plan is, one day she'll have some kind of bad muscle pain and I'll be like "here kid, coupla hits off this nice clean vape and that CBD will be in your system in 20 seconds."

@wetwille we picked up 3 red sexlinks to keep the ol' girl company so got 4 chickens again.

They're 4-5 months old but had to train them how to be chickens, lol. They'd been in barns and pens and stuff the whole time. They didn't have mother nature's sunup, sundown clock. They didn't know they were supposed to want to get up off the ground and roost at night. I'm like wtf is with these retarded chickens, lol.

Only took about a week of occasional training and encouragement though and they learn quick (more like unlearn unnatural shit really).

Won't be long and we"'ll be eating those golden rich backyard eggs until they're coming out our ears and giving some away to boot. Oorah.
We still have ours in the box but damn have they picked up size. I've been busting my ass on the garden and EVERYTHING is officially in, watering ran, yada-yada. So the chicken pen and coop go up this week. I'm starting off with a 10X10 chain link dog kennel I got off craigs for the price of taking apart and removing. I figure by end this week they will all be too big to squeeze through the openings. I'm going with the electric fence around the bottom, outside to keep any night stalkers away. Obviously still need to build them a coop - got 6 roosting boxes with the fancy trays for the eggs to roll into(I know, cheater) But will build them a cute, legit coop with plenty of roosting space. Chickens are kind of funky looking right now. Half feather, half fluff, looking stupid as a chicken. The wife has already started naming them. I've been pissing her off with a bastarized version of Elton John's "Ticking" which I have made "Chicken". Elton sang "you'll never get to heaven, momma said, remember momma said, Ticken, Ticken." Which is now "you won't get cooked for dinner, momma said, remember momma said Chicken, chicken " The next part gets grim "dad was tired and hungry the day you lost your head, the day you lost your head, chicken, chicken."
Don't hurt me!!

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
We still have our in the box but damn have they picked up size. I've ben busting my ass on the garden and EVERYTHING is officially in, watering ran, yada-yada. So the chicken pen and coop go up this week. I'm starting off with a 10X10 chain link dog kennel I got off craigs for the price of taking apart and removing. I figure by end this week they will all be too big to squeeze through the openings. I'm going with the electric fence around the bottom, outside to keep any night stalkers away. Obviously still need to build them a coop - got 6 roosting boxes with the fancy trays for the eggs to roll into(I know, cheater) But will build them a cute, legit coop with plenty of roosting space. Chickens are kind of funky looking right now. Half feather, half fluff, looking stupid as a chicken. The wife has already started naming them. I've been pissing her off with a bastarized version of Elton John's "Ticking" which I have made "Chicken". Elton sang "you'll never get to heaven, momma said, remember momma said, Ticken, Ticken." Which is now "you won't get cooked for dinner, momma said, remember momma said Chicken, chicken " The next part gets grim "dad was tired and hungry the day you lost your head, the day you lost your head, chicken, chicken."
Don't hurt me!!

They're teenagers. Take a few pics as literally they won't look anything like themselves from one week to the next.

Electric is good idea with the chain link. God bless Craigslist.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Thanks for laughing hips. Realistically, we'll probably just keep them for eggs. I've been taking them out for sun 10-12 hours of the day and they are digging that. So far the named ones are "Happy Feet", "Speed Racer(awesome eye slash, like Captain Jack Sparrow) and "Biggy Smalls". I suspect Biggy is a rooster. Towers over the others.

• Gravy
Watching the wife smile and giggle as they follow her around the yard makes it all worth it. Name them and enjoy the eggs, they still sell chicken meat at the store.

• Gravy
Watching the wife smile and giggle as they follow her around the yard makes it all worth it. Name them and enjoy the eggs, they still sell chicken meat at the store.
We worry too much about coyotes and hawks to let them wander free, but I have agree to make a chicken tractor(movable pen on rollers) so she can pull them out to her "field of dreams" in the back of the property.

• Gravy
We worry too much about coyotes and hawks to let them wander free, but I have agree to make a chicken tractor(movable pen on rollers) so she can pull them out to her "field of dreams" in the back of the property.

We'd let them out to run around when we know we're gonna be outside the rest of the day to keep an eye out for monsters.
Once you do that you're pretty much committed though as they won't want to go back in until dusk.

I had to look that word up.
theyre some scary shit. The ones that came from chicago to the east coast like 6 or 8 years ago literally bent my house. It pushed so hard on one face of the house that the house "tipped". Its not as violent as a tornado, but the directional force is nuts

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
theyre some scary shit. The ones that came from chicago to the east coast like 6 or 8 years ago literally bent my house. It pushed so hard on one face of the house that the house "tipped". Its not as violent as a tornado, but the directional force is nuts
We had a wind warning but I didn't expect what we got. It rolled in fast. I was in my office working on Saturday and the outback patio is about 12 feet below. I have a large wheel barrow completely full of stone. It picked it a good 4 feet in the air and tossed it 15 feet or so across my lawn. Destroyed a bunch of our outdoor furniture. It was pretty steady at 70mph gusting up to 100mph most of Saturday and a good 50-60 all day Sunday. Most of the area was without power and internet all weekend.

• Sad
We had a wind warning but I didn't expect what we got. It rolled in fast. I was in my office working on Saturday and the outback patio is about 12 feet below. I have a large wheel barrow completely full of stone. It picked it a good 4 feet in the air and tossed it 15 feet or so across my lawn. Destroyed a bunch of our outdoor furniture. It was pretty steady at 70mph gusting up to 100mph most of Saturday and a good 50-60 all day Sunday. Most of the area was without power and internet all weekend.
What in the fuck

ours was over in like 25 minutes... i cant imagine it going on for days

Yup, we had 60-80 all throughout Friday night.

Fortunately, I'd taken down the dead tree, so all I woke up to on Saturday was rain and a bunch of blown-out mimosa blooms and birb nests (which Scout thoroughly enjoyed).