Ontopic 2020 Eat Your Veggies - GARDEN THREAD

i think Copper fungicide is a win for the cucumbers. They would have been dead a month ago from downy mildew in other years, but this year im buried in cucumbers.

Gotta be careful with it cause it builds up in the soil, but at least its still "organic"

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Gotta be careful with it cause it builds up in the soil, but at least its still "organic"
Rogan just had a dude on his podcast talking about "natural" and how retarded our use of the word is. They also had a great conversation about ultra-processed media, and how its basically just as bad for you as ultra-processed food.

Rogan just had a dude on his podcast talking about "natural" and how retarded our use of the word is. They also had a great conversation about ultra-processed media, and how its basically just as bad for you as ultra-processed food.
cliff notes? What the diff between ultra processed media and ultra processed food?

Everything is "natural" in that it comes from the earth.
Little of it is in the concentrations/purities humans process it into.

How many tons of ore does it take to extract one ton of iron, lead, copper, whatever, for example.

Everything is "natural" in that it comes from the earth.
Little of it is in the concentrations/purities humans process it into.

How many tons of ore does it take to extract one ton of iron, lead, copper, whatever, for example.
ehhh, a lot of shit is synthetic compounds that dont exist "in the earth". Their base ingredients do, but the combinations of those ingredients into entirely new compounds is unique

• Gravy
ehhh, a lot of shit is synthetic compounds that dont exist "in the earth". Their base ingredients do, but the combinations of those ingredients into entirely new compounds is unique

That was the next part but didn't know how to word it beyond just saying "plastic" or "chemistry" or "synthetic material".

Thanks for putting it clearly.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I don't have a link to it but I remember reading a seemingly legit/sourced article years ago saying atrazine is so prevalent/pervasive there's some parts per billion of it everywhere on earth whether it was ever used there or not. Made its way through the entire global climate cycle and is in rain, snow, groundwater, etc. everywhere. Maybe not in high enough concentration to hurt (humans anyway) but it's there, everywhere.

I don't have a link to it but I remember reading a seemingly legit/sourced article years ago saying atrazine is so prevalent/pervasive there's some parts per billion of it everywhere on earth whether it was ever used there or not. Made its way through the entire global climate cycle and is in rain, snow, groundwater, etc. everywhere. Maybe not in high enough concentration to hurt (humans anyway) but it's there, everywhere.

We as a species have fundamentally changed the distribution of substances in nature at a global level so many times. The biggest one is nuclear dating. You can very very specifically date anything that happened after the first nuclear bomb tests, anywhere in the world, because the materials will have radio nucleotides that just straight up did not exist in nature before the bombs

• Gravy
We as a species have fundamentally changed the distribution of substances in nature at a global level so many times. The biggest one is nuclear dating. You can very very specifically date anything that happened after the first nuclear bomb tests, anywhere in the world, because the materials will have radio nucleotides that just straight up did not exist in nature before the bombs
I remember reading that's one way they use to easily find fake old wines. A hundred year old wine won't have any fallout in it.

have a fig tree that the birds kept getting at the fruits and ruining them
tried to find some kind of natural deterrent to keep the little feathered fuckers away
all kinds of expensive noise makers and various other bullshit things for sale
in the end, found a guy that said anything shiny that will move would keepthem away
Hung some old blank CDs on a stick nearby so they blow in the wind and fucks sake it works
not a single fig stolen by asshole birds since
Next year Im gonna hang a bunch around my tomatoes too
simple solutions for simple people

tried to find some kind of natural deterrent to keep the little feathered fuckers away
in the end, found a guy that said anything shiny that will move would keepthem away
Hung some old blank CDs on a stick nearby so they blow in the wind and fucks sake it works
huh, wonder if thatll work on my raspberries.

I literally dont know if i own any cds anymore though....

I wonder what the fuck they think it is.