Food 2019 Amateur Farm and Garden thread

Baby bunny. GO out to garden and see a super small bunny. It runs at the rabbit fence and jumps THROUGH one of the holes. Yeah, just that fucking small. Didn't see any damage but went and grabbed two rat traps and set them. (54) 2' tall plants of brussels sprouts and collards greens is too much temptation for any rabbit. Fucking rabbits.

Baby bunny. GO out to garden and see a super small bunny. It runs at the rabbit fence and jumps THROUGH one of the holes. Yeah, just that fucking small. Didn't see any damage but went and grabbed two rat traps and set them. (54) 2' tall plants of brussels sprouts and collards greens is too much temptation for any rabbit. Fucking rabbits.

I hope those traps take off your fingers.

I only say that because your neck won't fit in them
Bunny murderer.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
yeah, the outside is the bunnies house. If you want to make the garden your house, protect your house

What we call "rabbit wire" is 1/2 inch pattern "hardware cloth".or "welded wire cage".

View attachment 8032
Your talking about cage/crate wire. This is rabbit fence. . . around here starts with 1X1, then goes to 1 X 4 after the bottom foot. I swear that fucker cleared a 1X4 hole. Incredible. Smallest rabbit I've ever seen mobile. We do have lots of hawks and eagles here, had an owl for a while that was on the roof every evening.

This looks like how @fly would handle this.:p

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I went looking for that rabbit i saw last weeks entry hole this weekend, inspected all my bottom mesh with no luck. I didnt see him again either though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
ooh, you're right. The hawks sit on the telephone pole above the garden. I bet that rabbit got munched.

He still got in the garden somehow though

• Gravy
Your talking about cage/crate wire. This is rabbit fence. . . around here starts with 1X1, then goes to 1 X 4 after the bottom foot. I swear that fucker cleared a 1X4 hole. Incredible. Smallest rabbit I've ever seen mobile. We do have lots of hawks and eagles here, had an owl for a while that was on the roof every evening.

This looks like how @fly would handle this.:p
View attachment 8033

The stuff I posted comes in 100 foot rolls. Can run fence with it just like any other wire.

• Gravy
For bunny defense?

Bunnies can chew through that.
True. Hips probably identified the best add-on for my current 4' fencing with the 2' tall 1/2" square holed crap. If I had a teenager who wanted to make some $$ I'd pay them to dig a trench all the way around so I could ruun the stuff below into the ground 1/3-1/2 meter.
Amazon product ASIN B01BCU5FJC

i wish that worked. I have 18 at last count redtails that live in my woods. They regulary and violently dismember rabbits and squirrels in my yard, and yet theres still rabbits and squirrels.

That's just a healthy balance between predator and prey.